IM LUCKY

my mom said shes gonna give me 200$ to spend here and i decided ill get 3 yoyos /super G/FIESTA XX/AND THE YOYOJAM DESTINY plus with some accessories have you ever got this lucky tell me your story

I’m proud to say that there is one person who funds my hobby. Me.

Same here. But if my mom did that for me I"d ask her what she did wrong.

I also am the only one who funds this hobby of mine.

Either way, it’s a LOT less expensive than my other hobby!

Once my next check gets here, a bit will be heading towards YYE.

Once My mom made me a sandwich. Top That.

I also fund yoyoing myself

What is your other hobby if i may ask? :slight_smile:

To the original poster:

Get bulk yoyo strings! Better to stock up now while you’re getting some help.

To Freckle310:

My other hobby, is actually more my main income: pro audio.

Right now I have two active subwoofers with bad amplifier modules. I’m trying to get RA’s to facilitate repair for those modules. I’m thinking the repairs are gonna run $500 or more. This means I can’t get the sound shields i need and must postpone the lights I need to get.

Oh well. Gotta practice some stuff for a possible October performance.

To the original poster:

Get bulk yoyo strings! Better to stock up now while you’re getting some help.

To Freckle310:

My other hobby, is actually more my main income: pro audio.

Right now I have two active subwoofers with bad amplifier modules. I’m trying to get RA’s to facilitate repair for those modules. I’m thinking the repairs are gonna run $500 or more. This means I can’t get the sound shields i need and must postpone the lights I need to get.

Oh well. Gotta practice some stuff for a possible October performance.

Ooooh, sounds cool man(:
What is it that you perform? If i’m asking too many questions feel free to ignore me. Just… Y’know… Curiosity :stuck_out_tongue:

We try, but you keep coming back.

oh yeah my mom once made me a grilled cheese

For that show, I’m the lighting and sound production company. However, to help with a blackout scene distraction(the show doesn’t stop, tech crew has to do a scene change DARK with no curtain), I am trying to prepare a 20-30 second 5A routine using either a glowing or a light-up set. There may or may not be some guy doing poi juggling with an LED set-up as well. I’m hoping he’ll be there, he’s pretty good.

My challenge is that I’ve only been throwing for about 3 months, so I’m placing a lot of pressure on myself. It’s a risk, but if I don’t feel comfortable or the directors don’t feel confident enough, they’ll cut me from that scene, which honestly, I won’t mind. I’m still going to do the work anyways. Worse case is I’ll do it at the next show, which just gives me more practice time. It’s definitely a lofty goal. I have to avoid being distracted by wanted to try 4A stuff as well.

I’ve allocated funding towards this project.

Right now, glowing is going well. I can order a glow Die-Nasty through YYE soon. Getting a glowing counterweight is a bit of an issue. I’m not entirely sure how I’m going to handle that, either through primering a YYF Spintop Ball white, base coating it white and then triple coating it with a glowing paint with a top seal coat,or boring a hole in a glowing bouncy ball.

The other option, of a light-up rig, isn’t going so well, but there’s hope and I’m persuing that path as well. I’m going doing the DIY route for the moment, but DUncan is also coming out with an LED FHZ in a 5A package with light-up counterweight. The problem is with no announced release date, I can’t gamble like that. Still, budget will allow me to get that as well.

But to bring this full circle:
Regardless of how you’re getting funds to spend on whatever, just make sure the money is well spent.

I buy my own yoyos.
I buy my own string.
I make my own sandwhiches
I make my own Sushi.

So make like a bee, and BUZZ OFF

Gilda
J

My mom would smack me for asking for 20$ lol true

I too fund my own yoyoing… and i garentee you there aren’t a whole lot of funds to go around in my department…

Well I’m sorry. ADHD just kicks in, even while typing. I’ll keep that in mind though.
Sorry if i bother anyone. (Q)
Maybe i’ll just post less…

I was joking. Do not take me seriously, ever. That should be like, rule 1.2. I love you very much, and did not mean to hurt your feelings.

My feelings weren’t hurt, i just thought you were serious for a moment. But yeah as I said, ADHD.
Btw… YAY! Q loves me :smiley:

I wish I had $200 to spend right now. I would go buy me some General Yos!