I'm in a yo-yoing slump, HELP!

Right I don’t seem to be learning anything new and I cant seem to be progressing in any way, the tricks that I have already learned I can’t land all the time any more and I try and make up some new tricks or at least just trying to “freestyle” I mess it up, I just need help getting out of this slump and getting back to it and also being able to progress and make my own stuff up, I want to just be able to pick my yo-yo up and just “flow” and do something I’m proud of!

This happened to me for a while too. I felt like I always doing the same tricks and I can’t land anything. Just try making up some new combos and trying things you’ve never done before. Send it through places it’s never gone before and pop onto strings that you normally wouldn’t pop it onto. (do it very slowly step by step though and do it over and over so you don’t forget it). It’ll add a bigger variety to your tricks. And if the new tricks you make up are harder, then it should make the other ones easier to land because your more used to landing harder tricks.

I’m stuck like this too, except for a very, very, long time.

This should help you guys. It helped me when I started screwing up a lot.

3 Likes

Thank you, sooooo much!! ;D

Just remember not to take it too fast. Part of it is that you’re having trouble and another part could be that you’re telling yourself that you’re screwing up. Just take it very slowly so that you can come up with completely new stuff.

Yep, same as levy, thank you, this could help me a lot, it reaally sucks though when your stuck and your meant to enjoy yoyoing but you just seem to be doing it because you just seem to want to tell your self that your “screwing up” like what you said! weird, but thanks this could really help and I hope it helped you to levy!