I'm in a "Bind" with my YoYo Club.

You know… if you’re teaching them, a class for an hour is at least $20… and buying a hamburger is like 5 dollars anyways. I had considered starting a yoyo club, but I can’t fund it, ( I can’t even buy my own yoyos! Took me 6 months to get an M1.) and also there aren’t any stores that sell them around here. And most people don’t want to go online shopping.

But $5 isn’t much. Just tell them it’s to buy the yoyo, or give them an ordering form, have them attach the money, and people can get like a legacy instead if they want to pay for it.

Funding everything yourself isn’t the best idea. You do that, and not only will too much people join, they may realize yo-yoing isn’t as easy as it seems, and flake. Even worse, steal your yo-yos, which doesn’t sound too difficult if you have about twenty people to look after.

A fee means a committment. Yes, people will leave, but those people that left just wanted a freebie. Those that want to yo-yo, will get one. I’ve realized this by letting many people use my yo-yos, saying they should buy their own, and only one out of ten people I’ve interacted with has done so.

I also have the same problem. i am trying to start a yoyo club at my highschool but i dont have sufficient funds to get everyone a yoyo. those were some great ideas that i am going to think about.

Sorry that this is kind of an old topic, but how many Projams do you have to get to get the discount for them?

I think a case Which I think is 50.

Well I’ve heard of people getting 20 for $100 so I’m still not sure…

Someone can e-mail Valerie and find out for sure.

Masqito, raider maybe, butterfly, freehand go to a dollar store or a wal-mart. :slight_smile:

well i’m probably summarise everything everybody else said but:
get the ProJams. Then you could teach and if anybody wants to keep it, charge 'em 5 bucks. if they really want to learn you’re gonna get most of the money you spent back.