I'm going to start polishing: but there's a big hole :O.

No offense, but why would anyone donate a yoyo to help you learn how to do something? Also, how can you clearly state you’re not very good at it and have never really done it, yet you’re telling people it’s $10 or $15 if they want you to do it for them?

1 Like

I have to say misinformation runs rampant here sometimes.

2 Likes

Do you have any pictures to show your work? like final product shots?

If we don’t know what to expect, how can you expect people to pay you to do something, or donate something to practice on?

The few pics in this thread are not a polish quality I’d pay for, or many people at all I’d suspect… but you seem to be saying that isn’t really your work…

Kyle

I need to learn but have no metals to learn on. Yes I’ve said it 5 times but the meaning for this thread was

Once I start learn 10-15 will be the approx. price.

For now I’m just saying, I would like to start but need something to start on.

Here’s the deal everyone. See that DV888^^^ I am going to polish and get rid of scratches on it.

Pics soon…

That’s not even a DV888, that’s a Rollout R1.

No offense but I highly doubt anyone is going to send you anything. Everyone is politely telling you the same thing. If you want to learn how to polish a metal yoyo then go on the BST and buy some metals for cheap

It’s good to see you excited about polishing and modding yoyos. However, I’d recommend not asking for freebies. Instead you may have to invest some of your own money to buy cheap metals/cheap used metals, strip them, polish them, take pics of your work and post them.

I know, I know, you don’t have money. You may need to find a way to get the money, sell some of your stuff, walk a dog, get mom and dad to take a chance on you.

You wouldn’t want someone working on your yoyo if they weren’t practiced at it.

I don’t want to discourage you, rather I want to encourage you to find a different way than waiting on others. It just isn’t going to happen, most likely. Even if you do get one or two freebies, it’s not enough. You may need several yoyos to practice on, one half may turn out great and the other might not. You’re going to make mistakes, that’s how we learn.

It IS a DV888 it has been modded!

It’s not that I don’t have money it’s I don’t want to buy 200 bucks worth of metal and get rid of the painting.

Thanks everyone.

My plan!

Get some Metal Drifters, and fix the “modded” DV888. Then we will see.

That is not a modded DV888.

Are you telling me what my yoyo is?

Do I need to get the box and show you the aqua ano on the bearing seat?

THAT’S A ROLLOUT R1. There’s NO WAY a dv88 profile can be reshaped to look like that. The metal isn’t thick enough.

This thread becomes more disappointing by the hour.

Besides. No one pays for polish anymore.

IT IS A DV888 MY FRIEND MODDED IT!!!

Gosh people I don’t even know what a R1 is.

Here I’ll edit with the link to it -_-

This is the DV888 that I have. http://yoyoexpert.com/forums/index.php?topic=56303

I can make Yoyoexpertman54 post here and tell you.

I can even get the note he gave me.

Btw, do you have a Dv888

He also modded it so its smaller. Basically took the rims off and carved it angular.

No, it is not an R1. Look at the rims. They are far more rounder than the R1’s. It also doesn’t have the undercut thing. And, for the record, the DV888 is plenty thick for that mod.

Here is a thought maddog…

“Hey guys! I am really wanting to learn how to strip and polish yoyos. I have some basic skills but I need some practice. If you cover the shipping charges, I will strip and polish any yoyos you send me for free!”

[Followed by a few pics of your work]

This is how I would have approached the situation.

You need a nice portfolio of quality work before you start asking for money.
Think of this first stage as your “internship” into polishing.

get a magic yoyo

Why 299$ of metals? I think you should get a t5. If you can’t buy your own 12$ YoYos, you can’t pay for sandpaper or polish. Also a metal drifter is already raw, so that is a bad idea to learn on

Forgot about MYY. Might do that.

Well anyways Thanks for the help,

thats what I would do