I'm about to be done with the bst

No they are not. Until the money is in your hand you are a fool to trust a money order. Paypal works EVERY time, no counterfeits; no overdrawn accounts. It is the ONLY way to trade on the net.

If you are underage, get your parents to do the transaction. You hand them cash - they send money through Paypal using a credit card or a bank account balance.

The extra 4% fee is trivial when compared with the loss from being scammed.

This is unrelated, but PA rules! Southeastern Pennsylvania right here!
[/quote]
I disagree wholeheartedly lol. I’ve had some bad experiences there.

On a serious note, I’ve had some great experiences on the bst. I just assumed it was like it had been a year or two ago when the community was a little smaller, less anonymous, and a lot more honest. When I was your age…

I agree, bst people aren’t real people.

Frankly I’ve requested that people ship them unscrewed. There’s less chance for damage to the axle/bearing assembly should the box get crushed. But yes, they should be cushioned and not banging around loose in the box.

[quote=“jhb8426,post:44,topic:41770”]

Woah, that came out weird.

But I agree anyway.

the bst does seem like its going down even though i have no trades because i have no good throws hahaha

I definitly get what you guys are saying. I have been getting more rude and obnoxious people coming to me from the bst scene. As well as some people who I know where trying to scam me.

I really wonder sometimes how they think that they can even begin to scam me. I am an experienced trader, my feedback shows that and I have more on the “other” forum. I have been scammed before for sure but that was a while ago, now it would be pretty hard to get me. Kids behind a computer screen think that they are invincible for sure.

I have not been bumping my bst as much and I have kind of laid off of trying to deal a lot as well. Just not what it used to be. I do remember not to long ago when it was just fun to talk to people on the bst as well. Oh well, I will still try and get some deals though. I know a few people who have just stopped alltogether though on trading.

My trade count is 0 for a reason. I really don’t trust anyone anymore. I also like to get my yoyos new.

I agree Austin I like my yoyos new as well but there are so many diffrent yoyos out there that yoyo don’t know if a yoyo is going to be good or not for you. If you could try every yoyo that YYE has you would be able to pick the ones you really like and never buy a yoyo that felt to heavy or too big or too small. Man that would be great to just stop by YYE anytime and say hey what you got that’s new Andre. Oh can I throw that one LOL. But we can’t so BST helps. You can send on a YYF monster for a YYJ Karma because it was not for you. There are a lot of good people on here you just have to protect yourself and if a deal feels like its way too good to be true it probably is. The video at the beginning of this thread says it all. Have fun but be careful! Keep throwing and trading everybody.

Some people are collectors though so the yoyos they seek aren’t available new. The BST is one of the best ways to acquire these types of yoyos.

To add to this one more time. You can’t buy throws that are no longer produced or colorways. Sometimes you don’t want to spend 100 bucks on an 888, when you can grab one that somebody doesn’t want anymore for 35. Granted a new throw is best. Sometimes you just want one that you don’t feel bad about introducing to a parking lot. Throw them like you mean it. I like the BST and say the words trade safely.

Ive been on the BST of a few forums now for 5+ years and never once have been scammed. There is alot of great info in this thread for not getting scammed, Ill add some of the things I look for:

Trade count - If the person with the yoyo has a 1 or more trades I like to look through them. Ive been shocked to see how many have made 2 accounts to make fake trader feedback to look legit.

Post count and date registered - obviously.

I always pay with paypal and pay the fees - That gift STUFF doesnt help you after you’ve been scammed. 4% isnt much either.

If the pictures suck, I request more - If the person selling really needs money, they will send or take more pictures.

I have had some awesome trades here during my short time here. However the “Idiots and young kids” comment is spot on, more so here than other outlets of trade.

Me!!Me!!!

Its on my bst :slight_smile:

Some good comments here. I agree that B/S/T is a use at your own risk situation. I would never expect YYE, which sells new throws, to spend any time and energy making the trade system for used throws any more reliable. If I ran the store, I would take the position that you buy new yo-yos from me, and do trading at clubs and contests face to face, or use an auction that is set up with a ton of rules for buying and selling used goods (collector stuff). When I really want something that is discontinued and the right deal comes up, I take the risk, but limit the risk by the following:

1. I never trade yo-yos, I only buy or sell via Paypal, never send as a gift but will cover the fees.
  2. I check the feedback and quality of the posts.
  3. I ask a lot of relevant questions about the item, before buying, to get straight answers about the condition of the throw.
  4. Hope for the best, and if not satisfied, I can be refunded through Paypal.

Those who use the system can set their own rules, as I have, but I learned with experience. If someone does not use Paypal, feedback is insufficient or bad, or they refuse to answer my inquiries, I just would not deal with them. All those BST throws are tempting, but some people want the yo-yo without taking the effort to safeguard making transactions safer for themselves. I would rather a seller get upset at me giving him the third degree about a throw’s condition, than end up dissatisfied in the end because I didn’t want to ask. I learned to set my own rules to make transactions safer. While nothing is perfect, I just set it up so I limit the risk.

For those who like to trade yo-yos, and try lots of different new products, without always buying new, build up feedback (through buying), only deal with people with sufficient flawless feedback, and when your feedback is better, require them to ship first. I don’t trade yo-yos, but if I had a mind to, I would do it that way. Start asking people to ship within 48 hours, and if they have no tracking number in the time alotted, deal off! Set the rules to go with the pet peeves you have. If you don’t like people who ship slow, set the rule to ship fast with proof, or deal off. If people think the rules are too strict, don’t deal with them and move on. Never fall in love with a yo-yo you find on the BST, to the extent you put yourself at high risk of being scammed. I see all BST throws as take it or leave it, if we can work something out, fine, but I don’t compromise my trade principles for any yo-yo.

As SR stated earlier, I also keep all yo-yos, never trade them away. But I will give them as charity or gift in some instances where I think I have too many. I may sell someday, but haven’t felt the need yet.

Thanks guys for all your thoughts on this topic. I was a little salty over one or two bad experiences. But then I had a really good one that restored my faith in yomanity. Just gotta be more careful.