I'm about to be done with the bst

Sheesh. Am I the only one who hasn’t had any problems? Yeah, it’s slow at times, but just don’t deal with idiots and you’re good.

Before trading, check their trade feedback. If you’re still unsure then don’t trade. Its better to play it safe just in case. Oh, and the people that have scammed you, give them terrible trade feedback so others won’t have to experience what you went through.

i also have not had many issues in my past trades … but i stopped trading a few months ago …

Recently I tried to trade and I noticed that there are a lot more scammers (reading trader feedback thread) and I try to get people to ship first …obviously I have more feedback, some refuse … so I don’t trade … but some agree but don’t ship with in the time frame they say they will ship … i end the deal. So in the end I decided its too much work… to keep track of and I am actually very satisfied with what I have …

I do have a few things I am trying to trade … but like someone else said… everyone is trying to get a good deal … and I was looking for a fair trade for my Leviathan 2 … my c3 halo i wasn’t too concerned about … had a vibe … changed the axle and its a lot better …

I might want to trade my Glacier Express … but again … too lazy to take pics and stuff … and i might just trade with someone local.

I loved how it goes from “his real name” to “try to locate it’s parents.” The unscrupulous trader has become an “it” now. Look out Cheater It, we’re put together our posse as we speak. We’re comin’ after ya!

“Festus, Newly, round up the men and let’s ride!”

If you trade wisely, buy/sell responsibly you have no issues. You are responsible for researching your trading buddy. End of it all I have traded a lot and I am very happy with the BST and will continue to use it wisely. Trade locally get involved in the community and all will be well.

Lol. That was an autocorrect from my iPhone. Apparently apple sees the world as gender neutral.

I really don’t trade, or sell my yoyos, because it’s just a thing of mine, I just have the need to keep them all.

Anyways… I just pretty much buy on the BST and it’s sad to see alot of scammers lately, although the 2 people I’ve done business with are GREAT. (Proboscis- trade with him!)

I would really like to continue to trade and what not, but even people with high amount of feedback are scamming. Messed up my friends, messed up.

Thank you thank you! I appreciate it!

1 Like

The trade should be with a “real” person. By this I don’t mean robots, I mean someone who adds to posts and goes to yoyo clubs and meets. Knows other people in the community. Don’t feel bed trying to messages those they done business with, it is there is feedback.

I forgot to add that the 30 or so posts/30 or so day membership is a great idea. I REALLY think that should be implemented. I think there would be WAY less scamming.

2 Likes

Unfortunately that’s not always true. I’ve never bought from anyone who had no feedback, or any negative feedback. I won’t even deal with anyone who can’t write in complete sentences like a normal person via pm. I think I’m very selective.

Still, I’ve gotten “mint” yoyos with bearings that barely spin, “mint” yoyos with crazy vibe, “mint” yoyos with axles that are crossthreaded into a half, all sorts of crap that can’t be ascertained from pics. I’ve even had some yoyos shipped to me unscrewed, with both halves just loose and banging around in a box.

My list of necessary questions to ask kept growing and growing to the point that I decided it just wasn’t worth it anymore. I thought it was crazy I’d even need to ask about problems like that. I buy and sell online constantly and this yoyo community is the only one where I had any issues like this. Not just YYE either.

Your last two sentences confussled me…Anyway, you do have to be careful…it is Earth, and we are only human…just saying.

This “scamming”/not following through could also be due to the fact young ones don’t have the ability to use PayPal or a credit card… They commit but can’t follow through. But hey, theres always money orders…if they know how to get to a Walmart and place one it works. And sometimes it’s more reliable and safer than PayPal!

Way to fix the bad shipping/boxing…tell them you box everything safely. Ie. packin peanuts or foam or bubble wrap and you expect the same of them.

I usually always ship in foam or peanuts, it’s common sense really. Your shipping something of good value for something you want safely as well with the same value. It just is insane when you open a package an it’s just a yoyo…no packaging or safety…and then you see they didn’t buy insurance on it. It’s just disappointing really.

Luckily I’ve always been able to get my money or throw back in cases where the lack of common sense was just unacceptable, but I’d imagine many people don’t. The frequency of the issues just convinced me that pretty soon my luck would run out.

Now I’ve fixed the problem 100% by just buying throws new from Andre, whose customer service is probably better than any other online store I’ve ever dealt with. Easily worth the higher price to get perfection every time.

Now I’ve fixed the problem 100% by just buying throws new from Andre, whose customer service is probably better than any other online store I’ve ever dealt with. Easily worth the higher price to get perfection every time.
[/quote]
Seriously! He has some great customer service, ships incredibly fast, and is all around a great guy. Bought a glacier express today off the shop…yes I paid a lot for it and I expect a quick shipment, and great quality from Andre. I got an email saying it shipped like an hour later. It’s great!

Seriously! He has some great customer service, ships incredibly fast, and is all around a great guy. Bought a glacier express today off the shop…yes I paid a lot for it and I expect a quick shipment, and great quality from Andre. I got an email saying it shipped like an hour later. It’s great!
[/quote]
I agree. The customer service here is fantastic. I’ve sent emails to them with questions and issues about yoyos I’ve gotten and he responds to fast and is so helpful. I once sent an email around 11 at night expecting a reply sometime the next day and I got a reply before midnight. Not only that but I was able to respond and receive one more email resolving the issue before I hit the hay. Totally awesome.

Agreed. However, the B/S/T is a “Use at your own risk” system. You’ve got to take into consideration that scammers exist and that they’ll go until they’re satisfied. It hurts, it really hurts that this Earth actually has people so low that they have to hijack yo-yoers. I’ve never used the B/S/T before, and am about to make a purchase through it, but I’ve heard the cascades of stories that involve the infamous scammers that steal and steal.

Don’t let this fact ruin your experience, though. There’s nothing like trading with someone because you know that there are other people out there that share your unique hobby. You shouldn’t let a stupid scammer get in your way of having a fun trade. I feel alone in my secluded town in Southwest Pennsylvania. Knowing that there is someone out there that yo-yos really gives me a confidence boost and a reason to continue. Don’t quit. Continue and look at the good, not the bad.

Something I wish I knew years ago.

This is unrelated, but PA rules! Southeastern Pennsylvania right here!