Where’s the seller feedback?

I’m interested in purchasing from the BST, but can no longer find the seller feedback since the update to the forums. I noticed some random posts of feedback and am hoping this is not how seller feedback works since the forum update. I doubt I’m the only one looking for the seller feedback, so I am creating this post. Any assistance would be appreciated.

1 Like

Still working on a way to integrate feedback into the new forum. For now it’s just the posts.

Who are you thinking of trading with? Someone might be able to help you out.

1 Like

Thanks for the speedy reply. I’ll try another site for my BSTs until a feedback system is in place. ;]

1 Like

For fair comparison, in the last year I’ve bought thousands of dollars worth of yo-yos from Reddit /r/throwers where there is zero feedback system, across probably 40+ transactions with 30+ different people.

• None of these people I knew before.

• Transactions ranged from $50 to $500.

• Every time I sent the money as Paypal Friends and Family, so there was no protection that way either.

And … the number of times I’ve been ripped off?

Zero. :wink:

(Things might be different for trades, I rarely trade, I usually buy and sometimes sell.)

4 Likes

We always recommend using goods and services unless you know the person. Many people have been ripped off before. it doesn’t happen too often, but better safe than sorry.

8 Likes

I was gonna say, definitely don’t send friends and family unless it’s someone you know well. I’ve read many stories of people sending friends and family and getting nothing.

3 Likes

To be clear, we’re still working on it, the old feedback counts are still there from the forum migration. Just not visible yet!

In general if you are dealing with someone that has an account here dating back a year or more (just click or tap on their avatar to see stats / history) the risk is quite minimal in my experience. In addition to ~40 buys on Reddit, I’ve also done maybe ~8 deals here both before and after the migration, all for cash, all friends and family. The yoyo community is tight knit. :hugs:

Some other advice great here that @skitrz put together , which is also linked from the b/s/t category description

2 Likes

What I if pinky promise not to scam you?

8 Likes

Then we have a deal!

2 Likes

BAHAHA! With a response like that, I’ll have to take a look at your goods! ;]

2 Likes

I have actually heard the equivalent to that said before, in all my years of trading and buying only been scammed a couple of times.

1 Like

Just to keep everyone updated on this @AndreBoulay we are finalizing a Discourse release soon (Sept. 11th) and should have time for the task after that.

Don’t worry, all the historical b/s/t data was 100% preserved in the migration, it just isn’t visible in the user interface quite yet. But it will be soon!

5 Likes

Here are some mockups we have so far

To be honest I had no idea where or how to enter this feedback in the prior forum software, so I never did, even though I completed 5-6 transactions here in 2017 and early 2018

4 Likes

They sent me a cursed yoyo and now I can’t get rid of this ghost :rofl::rofl:

Looks great, nice job!

2 Likes

WOW, it goes up AND down!

1 Like

It was actually quite easy on the old forum, and showed under your user name on your posts. Hopefully it’s that way still.

1 Like

Looks good to me. Those are just artist mock ups though right. Because 25 transactions, 42% positive is fuzzy math lol.

This looks GREAT!

1 Like

You had to go to the seller’s profile. Quite easy to see there actually.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.