How reliable

How reliable is trading on the BST section?

Depends on the person. If the person has a lot of feedback, then go ahead, trade, sell, or buy from him and vice versa.

But the BST itself is reliable most of the time.

Assuming both parties use proper shipping and packaging methods, the BST is as safe as it gets

It’s always a risk.

Yeah, I hate to say it, but I have bst’s on 2 sites. So far I have been scammed 3 times >:(, all from here :’( :’( :’(. Just be careful about who you trade with. Just recently I have traded 9 times, and all went through ok.

You just have to be careful. If you’re just starting out (like, you have zero feedback) trade the first few times with really well known people. You’ll have to ship first, though. Then, once you have positive feedbacks, trade with anyone. If you’re trading with someone that has zero feedback, make them ship first. If they refuse, back out - it’s probably a scam. If you’re trading with someone who has the same amount of feedback as you or more, it’s probably fine to ship at the same time. I don’t think people trust completely unless there’s about 10+ positive feedback (usually 100% positive).

The Buy/Sell/Trade section is exactly as reliable as the people in it.

This is where profiling (which is generally frowned upon) comes in handy. Use it as a rude defense mechanism.

Judge the seller/trader by grammar, knowledge, and how often they post, and whatever other criteria you want. Look at their past posts, personal messages, and ask for other feedback they have online if you feel uneasy.

If there is something fishy, and you cannot tell why, back out.

Or just buy from a credible online seller. You pay more for their reputation, and you support their cause.

-Jacob

call it psycho of me but I cross reference anything I can, If I have your email addy, your first and last name, ect. I will reference Pipl.com, I will read your posts, I will check your feedback, all of that crap, if I feel you aren’t worth the risk I wont even bother contacting you. The B/S/T is as safe as you want it to be, if you go into something blind, do be upset with crappy results. educate yourself and make the most intelligent decision you can.

most of my trades havent been on this site, but when i trade, i always check through all the feedback of the person, and look at their posts/activity for the previous few weeks-months

I have Never Gotten Scamed. But I have only traded like 5 Times.
Never Trade with Anybody that has Any Bad FeedBack. Even if they only have 1 Bad FeedBack, amd 3 Good FeedBack, Do NOT Trade with them! You might be the Next Person to get Scammed by Him!
Also, Always makeSure that you KNOW that they have the Spacific Yoyo that you are trading for. Some People like to Pretend that they have a Super Nice Yoyo like a DNA or Peak, but Dont really have them. Ask them for Pictures. or maybe a Video taht they have made with it. But Most People on this Site are Very Reliable. Trade with Who Ever you want. But Be Careful! :wink:
-Cody Wright

Just because somone has a bad feedback doesn’t mean they are scammers.

Thats Not Exactly what I said. I mean that if they have a Bad FeedBack, that posiibly means that they are’nt very good traders.

If they have a good feedback, it also means that they have had a good trading experience. I’d go by most recent trades, not if they have a bad feedback.

I’ve lost some stuff in BSTs. Namely a Bape and an 888 (just got a new one of the latter though, thanks Q!) But anyway, it is a risk. Sometimes things goes wrong, sometimes USPS messes up. Just be prepared to surrender something you received if the other person never received your yoyo.

And that, boys and girls, is why you always use delivery confirmation.