ILYY | Numen released!

Looks fantastic!

1 Like

Looks gorgeous!

I know this is an ILYY announcement thread, but after some more time with prometheus how are you liking it?

1 Like

It’s a strange throw but I love the shape and power. This shape and finish is just so comfortable. My biggest hang up with this is the axle length. Wish it had a longer axle because this short one makes me a little nervous.

1 Like

Any blasted ones? Also any hopes for a anoed phase?

1 Like

Those will be unblasted to keep the aesthetics alive.
If Phase will get another batch, it will be anodized for sure.

2 Likes

@crackout are the bias limited to 1 per person? Thinking about buying 2 for 3a.

1 Like

Not at all, you can get two if you want.

given the delicacy of the finish and the extreme ease of scratching directly, the anodization (even without coloring) is a necessary phase… or rather it was also for that first release… take this yoyo for example:

Imgur

very similar finish both to the eye and to the touch, but extremely hard and resistant to blows

1 Like

We’re aming for the first week(s) in August for the drop, until then some pics.

17 Likes

Kinda reminds of the tiramisu a bit, absolutely love the cuts in the cup on this thing.

2 Likes

I’m not the right person to discuss RSO similarities with. Don’t temp me. :smiling_face_with_tear:

I think he means the tiramisu looks like the hspin cut.

BIAS is available now to order.

These are an absolute blast, really happy with them. :relieved:

11 Likes

Arrived Yesterday! Another beauty from ILYY! :+1:

1 Like

57 mm
43 mm
60 g

26 Likes

The Golden Abyss are ready, new spin on the original!

Updated shape (fusing the best elements from the OG Abyss, AbysmAL and DR3I), switch to brass rings, reduced weight. These are truly something different. At 60g, they glide through tricks while the brass keeps them stable and long spinning.

Specs:
Diameter: 57 mm
Width: 43 mm
Gap: 4 mm
Weight: 60 g
Bearing: C-Size
Response: 19 mm pad
Alloy: 7068-T6
Rings: Brass
Limitation: 20 (black), 20 (clear)

Drop will be next week.

23 Likes

dangit, i just said no more yoyos for three months at least :melting_face:

for some reason i always thought brass is not as durable material as SS in yoyos. can you tell me if there is disadvantages or advantages of having brass vs SS for rings/rims ?

1 Like

Surely, brass is a softer metal than any steel alloys.
In an inner-ring bi-metal construction this is not that big of a deal though, in terms of scratches.
The ring is also recessed, so it does not scratch up that easily when placing the yoyo on its side.

Brass is a bit more dense than steel, so technically you can reach the same weight distribution with less volume, which is what benefits the design of the Golden Abyss as its rings are delicate yet with great mass.

3 Likes

Oh my, that black with the brass rings is gorgeous.

1 Like