If you could only have one organic in your collection. I need your help

Here’s my thoughts about the popular organics, I own all of these so I feel confident making a comparison:

MCMO - probably the best from a performance standpoint for an organic due to its stability. Doesn’t feel like an organic on the string and screams through combos with UL’s installed.

Grail - by far the floatiest feeling organic, has a hard to describe “goldilocks” magic to it. Unfortunately due to practically no rim weight, it is not as stable as the MCMO, although I have trouble choosing which one I like more (and go back and forth all the time).

Creep - I don’t reach for this as much as the MCMO or Grail, but I do feel it’s also one of the best designed organics ever. It perfectly calls back to that classic old/mid school feel without feeling like a brick on a string, like so many of those old/mid school yoyos do. I feel like it’s a better “Peak 2” than the actual Peak 2 is. @Tobiyo89 and I were talking on Discord the other day about how if they would’ve just released the Creep as the Peak 2 and put the Peak nub on it, the Peak 2 likely would’ve been better received.

Peak 2 - Don’t get me wrong, the Peak 2 is totally a great yoyo on it’s own, and I feel like if it wasn’t attached to the Peak legacy, and released under it’s own name/as its own thing, it would’ve been received better. It’s smaller than the MCMO, Grail, and Creep so I do pick it up less but I love it! However, if you throw an OG Peak, you’ll realize that the 1 and 2 are a bit more different than they are similar in terms of “feel.”

Hatrick/5 Star - My first ever high end yoyo was a Hatrick that I bought in 2009 at Nationals when it was first released, so I’m very sentimental about it! 5 Star is great as well, but keep in mind, these are pretty undersized by modern standards, and not performance pieces in the slightest. More for fun than anything. Basically, if you like small organic yoyos with a great blast, these are for you.

Panorama - My go to, the one I grab the most, my EDC, and my favorite organic without a doubt. Easily pocketable (doesn’t protrude like other yoyos do, due to width) but 100% capable of anything you throw at it. One of the greatest and most “fun” yoyos of all time IMO.

Ideally, these yoyos are “the essentials” when it comes to organics, that I think everyone should have in their collection or have at least tried (also an 888 and Anti Yo stuff). But, if you could only make me keep 3, I’m choosing Panorama, Grail and MCMO - those are the ultimate “must try/buy” organics.

19 Likes