If you could collaborate on a yoyo with someone who would it be?

for me it would be ethan wong i just love fingerspins and his tricks are just so cool id like to consider myself really good at fingerspins even pro level,but his tricks are just so much better.
also dont misjudge this post that only good players can respond to this post anyone can.Just think of a yoyoer who wants all the same things in yoyos at you and post them here.

4 Likes

CLYW all the way

A player from clyw?

Not sure on a player as most of my favorite models such as the Chief are not signatures. So… Chris Mikulin?

2 Likes

Remy Baskin.

Its a tough question.but the yo-yo player in which I see qualities.who is kind,cool minded,even teaches new yoyo tricks,corrects all mistakes.

I’d need AntiYo to start up again. I’d want to make something with Sonny and Kiya, and have David and Shawn do the machining :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Definitely Andre to make a new Dark Magic. Hurry up with it will ya!

3 Likes

Tough one. I’ve been lucky to collaborate w so many great people. I’ve done some projects w Steve Brown but never a yo-yo, which would be fun because we like a lot of similar stuff. Would love to work w Jeff Pang because I really respect how thoughtful he is about his designs. Would love to collaborate w Doc Pop, as his yoyoing really inspired me way back when.

Honestly though, my cup runneth WAY over in terms of who I’ve been able to work with through the years and none of those guys NEED what I bring to the table. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Alex Kim. There was something special about how every RecRev yoyo played, and I’d like to capture that feeling in something that is also actually smooth (because RecRevs throws were NOT)

1 Like

I’d collaborate with OD and have them make a bimetal already

8 Likes

They have made a bimetal before. The Death Robot MG was machined by One Drop. They have the full capabilities to make bi metal, not sure why they don’t have a production run one.

7 Likes

Oh interesting, I did not know that! The MG is quite good. So is the tinman while I am at it.

3 Likes

Yea, I was talking to Kyle about it and he said One Drop was most likely the only shop that would be able to machine to the tolerances necessary for the Death Robot MG. The rings are fit in with a temperature fit rather than a press fit, so the tolerances are much more difficult to get right.

4 Likes

Yoyodoc or Ettore Ferro for me. Or both?! :open_mouth::heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

Woah, what is a temperature fit?

Either the body is heated so it expands or the rings are heated to expand. The body or rings could also be cooled to contract a bit. Basically you can get a much tighter fit.

2 Likes

So, the metal stays expanded/contracted after returning to room temp from heated/cooled?

Metal shrinks back to normal state after returning to room temperature. Basically expands when heated, contracts when cooled, unless warped by heat, nothing is permanent.

1 Like

That’s what I thought… So the weight rings would be heated and then placed onto the body to cool and shrink for a tight fit?