Who would be a collaborative match to me?

I’m not a huge fan of collaborations, but I find it interesting to see which companies pair with each other to make yoyos. I think the the C3 and CLYW collaboration was one example of an interesting match.

Frankly, I’m unworthy of such an endeavour and Spinworthy hardly qualifies as a company for a few reasons. Nonetheless, which company do you think would be a collaborative match with Spinworthy?

1 Like

yoyofactory

Interesting!

1 Like

Lowkey throws

1 Like

@DocPop!

Reasons:

• he’s more of a boutique sized operation, so boutique quantities would be easier for you to handle

• both his style of play and yoyo themes are more geared towards old school organic flavors

• he seems like a really fun guy to collab with

Next runner-up would be them a-rt boys for basically the same reasons. The only thing that makes that collaboration seem less likely, is because they already produce several different wooden yo-yos. But, I don’t know if they have produced anything wood bodied and unresponsive, so that might actually be a possibility.

3 Likes

They have produced a few wooden unresponsives. All of them pretty dissimilar to mine.

1 Like

DocPop would be really great to collaborate with. Bad jokes and all!

1 Like

This seems like a really likely collaboration the more I think about it. You should contact him, shoot him an email. It wouldn’t hurt, he’s a very approachable person.

You have a pretty impressive portfolio already, which makes this seem even more doable

1 Like

I think DocPop is already very happy with his DocPop rebranded Legend Wing. He’s probably not all that interested in a wooden collaboration.

It would be super cool, though! I can’t think of anyone I’d like to collaborate with more.

1 Like

He’s probably not all that interested in a wooden collaboration

Yeah, but you don’t know that! I still don’t think it would hurt to reach out to him. It doesn’t have to go anywhere, but it could!

This is true: I don’t actually know. I could send him a PM. Maybe I will, but it really seems like shooting for the stars in a wooden rocket.

1 Like

I believe in you @Glenacius_K!

I mean, some collaborations take years to come to the surface. It’s not like you have to hit the ground running or anything, just throw it out there.

I suppose I could start by contacting @DocPop and sending him a Harbinger.

1 Like

Hey man, I have to be honest and say I hadn’t seen the Harbinger before, but it looks amazing. Great work. I’d love to chat about a collab sometime.

6 Likes

Oh wow, this all happened so fast :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Ok! Thanks, Doc’. I’ll shoot you an email a bit later!

1 Like

Gotta say it’s a lot of fun to watch something unfolding in its early stages!

2 Likes

I’d also second LowKey Throws. They’re right up your alley as far as aesthetics go.

I think there could be some opportunity for a genuinely unique product there…something the hobby really needs these days.

2 Likes

Out or another wood fixed axle company

I’m listening…

1 Like