If someone scams me on this site..

Is it a felony? like stealing

I don’t think so. Like morally he is stealing. But if your mailing it to him, he just tricked you into giving him your stuff. Besides, it wouldn’t be worth taking to court.

1 Like

Out 400

Ouch, who did it? And yeah still not worth taking to court. I mean legally you can sue over $20 but the fees would be far more. And idk if the judge would even take it seriously. The only thing I think you can really do is warn others about them and be reminded to stay cautious.

Well, Id day it is Stealing in a Way. He is taking something from you that isn’t Rightfully Earned.

how did you send him the money? and I believe if you two had an agreement and had some physical evidence you could sue him was it all word of mouth or were you two making a deal on yye?

Thats where it comes down to who’s the better one at convincing. And I think it was 400 worth in yoyos. If he used paypal and didn’t gift it, he could get it back. But fees from court and lawyers just would far surpas the $400.

Yes, it’s stealing and fraud. Getting someone to investigate is another matter. If you sent via USPS, it’s mail fraud and the USPS would be in charge of it. Police - which jurisdiction it occurred in would be an issue. In any event it’s small potatoes and you would probably never see any results. Basically it’s petty theft.

man this is something that gets me angry. now I’m not a violent person I mean I’ve never even been in a fight, but if this happens to me I would personally buy a ticket over there and do very harmful things to the guy. frankly I’d kick is butt, but that’s never recommended. all in all the best thing you cab do if you sent it through paypal not as a gift is to call and see what they can do or if by check, cancel it, but if you sent cash it a gift without stating how it would be paid in any pm then I don’t know what you could do.

Although it may be just petty theft, as jhb said, mail fraud is a serious offense. If you have evidence that the other person didn’t keep their end of the bargain, and the USPS was involved, I would go to the postal service and report it

It’s hard for them to get the guy but if he was dumb enough to have you ship to his home. He’s done for.

Here’s an ehow on reporting postal fraud.
http://www.ehow.com/how_5656409_report-u_s_-postal-fraud.html

1 Like

Yes, by all means report it. My point is not to expect much if anything to come of it because they are more interested in bigger scores. This is an ongoing problem on all the forums and people that have reported have not seen a lot of results.

If you think the scammer is a minor, it might also be worth trying to write to his/her parents to let them know the situation and that you will be pursuing mail fraud charges. Or, if you can lookup their phone number, give them a call.

It’s mail fraud, on YYN, I know there was someone who was reporting Mail Fraud, things were taking forever, then a couple of guys met him a BAC and had him give the yoyo :o I think. Or he gave them after a couple months or something. I’ve been reading up on scams for a hobby ::slight_smile: Kinda.

And who, what happened, and do you have proof? If you sent a PM saying “Just to make sure, I’m giving you xxx and you give yyy” then yep… it’s pretty nice and solid.

And here’s the reason I would trade with… Icthus, Heath, MikeMonty, Preinfalk, Mi, and maybe a few others on this site. I draw the line there.

There are soooooo many more people that are honest. If you ever decide to trade with someone and you aren’t sure ask around in PM. someone may be able to tell you if they are honest.

totally agree. i’m VERY new to trading (only one on this forum, and a few more on another) but i’ve had nothing but great experiences so far. i’ve just been careful about talking to the people i potentially deal with, looking at their feedback, and getting some first hand feedback about them from people i already know and trust. if you’re careful and smart and use common sense (while trusting your gut at the same time) you will generally do ok.

It’s just that I’m paranoid about stuff like that. I don’t know why.

See if anybody lives in his area, you can get them to get the yoyos back.

Check feed back and see who it’s by. Like people with feed back from Icthus, Samad, ect… Are usually good to go, but if they seem scetchy, make them ship first.