If a 66% yoyo is 66% for each dimension, then isn’t it much smaller than 66% of the original size?

Fact:
By the age of 35, approximately 66% percent of men will have experienced some degree of hair loss.

We :heart: You Dale Oliver

10 Likes

wish i could like this more than once. i lol’d.

kgb

1 Like

I always assumed, (blindly) that the 66% referred to the dimensions.

1 Like

There is always the same question in Maths.
What is the unity ?
66% of what ? Of a cookie ?

66% of dimensions.
28,7 % of volume

I want my cookie. :rofl:

2 Likes

In science the number of digits used indicates the accuracy of the scientific measurement. Two thirds is actually two individual digits and indicates accuracy of 10 percent, or accuracy within one digit. 66% indicates accuracy within 1 percent. 66.6% would indicate accuracy of measurement within one tenth of a percent. They taught us this in high school chemistry and it was reinforced throughout the engineering classes I had in college.

4 Likes

A nerd just got pwned by a greater nerd.

2 Likes

Can any random player tell me the volume of their favorite yoyo? No way. Can they tell me the dimensions (l, w, h)? Probably yeah. Dimensions affect aspects of PLAY with which everyone is familiar (like hitting Trapeze on a really thin profile). Mass is likewise an important selection criteria.

But I’m not sure why the assumption would be that 66% refers to a measurement of the yoyo which no one commonly uses and which doesn’t as clearly affect play or selection.

Side note: I would love to see yoyos made w the same dimensions but 66% density lol. Wooden SF Movement (that would be hideous). :joy:

6 Likes

Ummm. Thanks. … … … I think.

:slight_smile: :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

More of an observation than an assumption. The Edge Beyond is 64 grams. The Edge Beyond 66 is 60 grams. Not that. On the other hand, the measurements for width and diameter are pretty close to 66 percent.

1 Like

I want to be 66% as good at yoyo as the average player in here :slight_smile:

4 Likes

5 Likes

OKAY. OKAY people. I’m not sure why I am suddenly a “nerd”.

Is it because I got straight A’s in 18 hours of calculus?
Is it because I played keyboards in a new wave band back in the 80’s?
Is it because my degree is in computer science?
Is it because I own a BIG modular synth?
Or is it just because I took up the hobby of throwing?

4 Likes

Never mind. I know what it was. It is that Star Trek convention in Vegas that I went to 15 years ago. I KNEW there were too many cameras around.

4 Likes

How big we talking here? Like XL Junkie BIG?

1 Like

Let’s just say in excess of 100 modules. Mostly Eurorack with 2 cases of synthesizers.com modules.

I can’t believe all this discussion about 66percent, but NOT ONE OF YOU is willing to confront G-squared on their maths…

10 Likes

pew pew pew fanbois, lol

3 Likes

As a fan of G squared, I do not question.
I just drink the kool aid.

5 Likes

G squared =G2
G^2=2G
G=2
G-squared =4

2 Likes

which is the amount of time, in seconds, you have on a drop to get a yoyo

4 Likes