ibanezcollector is BACK!

Honestly, its not different. BUT its his mindset that he just gets free stuff and then quits. That’s what I’m talking about.

Lol. Ok. Ok.
Vsnyyc - who wouldn’t quit heath, have you seen his business practices. Lol. Heath makes good YoYos. That’s it. Was Brett ever sponsored by him? If he was it must have been a very short time and differences right off the bat.

G2 - his company, with partner. So… Still sponsored.

Hamstring - what he do…get free string? Honestly has this company gone anywhere. What sponsored player would want to be with a silent company? Are they even still around.

Toxic - as far as I know they made him custom string not as a sponsor but so he could promote their company and he still does. Look at the end of this video in this thread. BG1’s. Sponsorship is them putting you into contests and so forth. That’s not what toxic was doing. He was popular and they needed some attention. They made Brett string, he uses it and advertisers it. Still ongoing

One Drop - don’t know what happened here. I thought he was sponsored but then he wasn’t. Then someone people on the forums said he was but one drop didn’t say anything and nether did Brett. He was with high speed still. Maybe they talked and nothing ever got done. I’m still unsure of what happened here but he seams to promote their stuff just like toxic for some reason. Maybe it was the community misinterpreting the fact he was promoting them and their YoYos. He did do a lot of reviews.

Honestly I’ve seen only good things for the community come from him and he promotes awesome things. That’s all I need.

2 Likes

Nevermind on one drop
I just found an interview article on another site with brett from 6 months ago.
He still is sponsored by one drop apparently but he has G2 on the side and one drop makes the G2 yoyos for him. Weird.

Also if your looking at a player who signs up, quits, signs up, quits, signs up , quits, and i think as of a month ago signed back up again…

CLYW Jensen Kimmit
I read the reasons and I really don’t care, he’s still my favorite player but if your going to hate on Brett for those reasons, then you in turn have to hate Jensen Kimmit. And guess who is back with CLYW?

Ok now im done. ;D lol.

I think it was longer than a month, but I get the point you’re after.

The companies going forward have to accept these sort of issues when bringing on a player.

For myself, I have no issue buying my own yoyos, strings, bearings, lube, response pads or whatever. I wouldn’t mind being a sponsored player, but for me since my tastes can chance by the hour, day of the week or whatever, a brand name sponsorship wouldn’t work. I’d have to find an online organization, storefront or something like that. But, that’s jumping the gun.

he is back? i never knew he left … well i have him on Facebook and always see his posts … so maybe thats why i thought he never left… but yea … he has not put up any new videos lately. I really like his suicides/whips/lacerations …

… darn Ghost … couldn’t you just combine all of those posts into one? lmao … ever see the modify button?

I was under this impression that asking for a sponsorship was the biggest no-no in yoyoing.

If you don’t ask, you don’t get. Simple.
[/quote]
I was under this impression that asking for a sponsorship was the biggest no-no in yoyoing.
[/quote]
False all four or our sponsored players submitted Videos to become sponsored.

As Far as Brett goes he is a good friend of mine as well as my partner in G squared.

There are multiple rumors in this thread that need to have there facts checked.

Brett is currently sponsored by One drop.

He was on VS but it wasn’t a good fit, along with promises not being kept. He retuned all product he got from Heath also.

I’m glad Brett is throwing again, he is a great resource for helping the community.

4 Likes

Thanks Captain Anxiety for clearing things up.

I stopped reading halfway through page one, too much politics, but I just wanted to add that I really liked that video. Simple, smooth and classy footage/angles always impresses me much more in a video than super/blurry fast. Yay Brett.

I’m glad to see he’s back, though I didn’t know he was “gone” until I saw this thread. I admire the way he put himself out there, high speed videos, painting, vlog, store, designing and bringing two yoyos to market. I’ve never met or spoken to him, but I’ve benefitted from the things he’s done and since we both turned up on the YYN forums about 4 years ago with similar beginner questions I liked to see the new tricks he learned in his videos.
As far as sponsorships and stuff like that go, I think that’s a two way street. Manufacturers get something in return for the yoyos or string they give to players. And if they didn’t feel like they were getting a good return from having someone’s name associated with their products, they wouldn’t keep sponsoring them.
Anyway, I think the community is better off with Brett Grimes than without, so I’m glad to hear that he still enjoys throwing. Not trying to send any hate toward anyone who posted above me, I just don’t think he deserves any either.

Exactly. I was like :o, but then I realized that he hadn’t uploaded a Yo-yo video in like 6 months