I was today years old when I realized @codinghorror is Jeff Atwood

For some reason, I just assumed @codinghorror was always just someone who borrowed the icon. Congratulations on the big day and the acquisition! Time to repurchase your entire collection back!

20 Likes

oprah

12 Likes

Congrats @codinghorror !

And Iā€™m sure that if Jeff wanted his collection back, Doc would give it back to him, donā€™t think any financial transaction would be needed :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks! But the collection is in very good hands now, I think itā€™s exactly where it deserves to be!

23 Likes

Hi Jeff! Havenā€™t talked to you in a long time. Hope all is well and congrats on the newest business development!

2 Likes

Congrats! @codinghorror

2 Likes

TA office hours for all of my CS courses were always packed with students who were just as lost as I was and you could never get any help. Thankfully Stack Overflow was always there. Iā€™m not sure I would have graduated without online help.

Thank you @Codinghorror.

6 Likes

well, i was not aware of jeff atwoodā€™s contributions to the tech community, just a basic understanding of his involvement in discourse. props @codinghorror for all youā€™ve accomplished and what
you still do for us on this board.

8 Likes

@codinghorror, Iā€™m still marveling at your effort with the Ti Vader. :slight_smile: Its a recent acquisition of mine and its just so good. I love the video of you and @DocPop where he is trying to teach you ā€œWashing Machineā€. I cant seem to find it at the moment.

Congratulations on the business front.

9 Likes

Such a fun episode!

20 Likes

Great episode but Iā€™m still scared to try the trick! Every time the Ti hit the ground I cringed! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Hey @codinghorror ! Iā€™ve got a little startup called D.E.A.T.H. that will soon be able to provide an AI-controlled robot army for hire to select entities. PM me if you want in as a platinum level investor. Thanks!

8 Likes

Wow man thatā€™s crazy. I canā€™t imagine what that must feel like haha. Iā€™ve known who jeff / codinghorror is for quite some time and have used stack overflow quite a bit as well and of course discourse too. Itā€™s just crazy to see an acquisition like that and being familiar with some of the folks involved. Super awesome!

2 Likes

Whoa congrats @codinghorror !!!

1 Like

Congratulations @codinghorror!

1 Like