I think I need a different yoyo...

Hmmm…

Well, now that someone who has used both the raptor and DM2 has told me how they liked them, the DM2 doesn’t seem as appealing. Is there anything else you can tell me about the raptor?

And I’ve been using nothing but metal since I’ve started yoyoing. I’m fairly sure that I’m ready for it.

so I think you know what you want. The Raptor

Ah, again. Tip in case you don’t know: I’ve typed the following paragraph for around 15 times on this board.

The Raptor is very smooth on the string, it’s like a baby in a cradle of bay oil. Does everything on the list, great for grinding as the finish is so smooth, comes with 2 removable caps for different weight and feel of play, also includes 2 extra sets of replacement Silicone Groove Response System, has many colors to choose from and spins long enough to get through everything and all for 39.99, may I ask who or what could be that?

Trust me, you can not go wrong with it.

1 Like

It’s decided, I’m going with the raptor. Thank you.

And thank you a second time for putting up with noobs like me.

You’re not a noob, probably a newb. No problem. :wink:

Is there a distinction or something?

Well, don’t call yourself a noob. The term noob is quite dis-respectful and it means a guy who reads all day with trouzers and big eyeglasses or a person who is dumb.

Newb would be just a new guy. As it says "new"b. If you’re new to something people will call you a newb or newbie, which simply means new guy rather than “noob” which means…well…you know.

Makes enough sense, I’ll keep that in mind.

I guess I’m a “newb” but I’m not too sure. I’ve pretty much mastered all of the beginner tricks on here(minus a few due to having an unresponsive yoyo), and I’m getting through intermediate pretty steadily. I guess it just depends on the person, oh well. At least I’m having fun.

1 Like

you can get a 888 special pack thing (forgot what it was called.)

Comes with slim and speed bearings.

Yes, he likes it ;D and about the YYF One, IMHO I think you should steer away from it. I’m not a YYF hater or anything, my daily throw is a Protostar. The One can be responsive or unresponsive depending on the bearing/cleaned/lubes, etc… But, the gap is to small and the yoyo itself wasn’t stable enough for me, and it’s not my throw. Again it is just my personal opinion. But I don’t see how the one can take you from beginner tricks to expert. It is definitely fun to play with but I feel that your progression can move farther than the yoyo can handle. I would think the velocity might suit your needs alittle more or even a Duncan Metal Drifter if that fancies you. It’s smaller but not uber tiny and IMHO can handle more than the One. If you do go with a Duncan though, you definitely should buy a replacement pack of response pads. I hope I e made your decision easier not harder ;D

Evan