Help Please!

Hey, ive been gone from yoyoing for quite a while, like, a year.
There are so many new yoyo’s out there nowadays and i am wanting to get a new one.
Anything relatively new that you guys would recommend? (trying to stay away from yoyofactory though)

The yoyo i used to learn most of the tricks i know is the Dark Magic 2, for learning unresponsive play its the best imo

just wondering…why not yyf?

I recomend Dark Magic 2 as well. Comes w/2 bearings that helps TONS to translate from responsive to non-responsive play.

i already gotta DM, like, i also got a hatrick, ministar, punchline, i got some nice stuff, i just want to try something new, and not yyf because im trying to stay away from like mainstreamish stuff, and i already got alot of yoyos,

will i heard psg’s are epic for cheap

thanks, ill look at it, but i was leaning more toward a metal

Who cares what mainstream is anyways.

YYF makes lots of good stuff. I mean, does that mean YYJ is also mainstream?

I’d say determine a budget and then see what looks cool to you and buy it.

I recommend the DM2 as well, but you have a Dark Magic(original or 2?).

But, since you’re heading in the direction of metals(good choice by the way):
The One Drop Cafe Racer is getting rave reviews. I’m getting one of these in a couple of months.
The C3YoYoDesign DiBase is also being well received. I’m planning to get one of these real soon.
The dv888 is another decent option. I have one already. But you don’t want YYF, so screw that!
The RecRev Sharp is another option, but it isn’t one I’d readily recommend. It’s heavy.
The RecRev Oscilatrix is another to be considered. It’s not on my “gotta have it now” list but it is on my list.
The H-Spin Beysick is in there, but the D-sized bearing and the wide response make it a bit too responsive for me. I’m glad I have one, but it’s not the best for how I play currently.
The SHinwoo Zen and Dolphin are worth noting.

Icthus is selling the Agape in soda blasted finished for $40 right now. Hit him up in BST. These things are freakin’ awesome! If I didn’t need the cash for something else I’d have bought what he was offering up entirely! It’s definitely NOT mainstream and it’s different. I have 3 and the only way someone is getting these from me is to kill me for them.

thank you very much, ive been looking into recrev alot, so ill check out the osciatrix

yyf supernova

Glad I could help.

But again, consider the Agape.

I’ll post the link:
http://yoyoexpert.com/forums/index.php/topic,38547.0.html

Icthus is a mod here, a way cool guy and you’d also be helping someone who gives a lot to the community.

Of course, I don’t want to take business away from YYE either. I’m just keying off the “avoiding mainstream” comment. I’m about to buy like 5-6 yoyos from YYE anyways.

Do you have any size/shape/color preferences?

Werrd’s split decision is pretty cool and new in my opinion. It’s like an aluminum yoyo with 3, different, interchangeable delrin outer rims for different play styles.

And I’m not sure if you were still yo-yoing around this time, but around a year ago, One Drop’s 54 came out which was pretty, pretty huge since it was the first throw that featured Side Effects!

Hmmm let’s see…like what Studio 42 said, RecRev is getting more and more popular. All of their throws are reasonably priced with a great value.

H-Spin cut back its production by a lot since the owner decided to spend more time on his job ( I think his job relocated?) and his family.

C3 is getting more traction, they have an amazing lineup of throws. I would look for the Trident.

There are more 1A oriented delrin throws now such as Turning Point’s Albina Leviatian and C3’s Halo.

There’s this new French brand called X cubed, and they make some fairly interesting throws. I’m particularly looking forward to the Zeus.

Yoyojam has some pretty exciting releases this year too; the X-Con is back now as the X-Con Pro! Heard amazing things about this undersized beast.

I’m sure I’m missing a few, and a lot of things happened last year!

The Anti-Yo YWET came out. And is still in stock at most places. I guess people didn’t like the rough finish even though it was fixed in the second run

Hey I have a lot of throws but one I picked up a few months ago and was blown away by was the RecRev Oscilitrix. Around $60 it is well worth the money! General yo response, crucial bearing, one drop finish, its a really nice throw and won’t break the bank. Happy Hunting!

OneDrop Code2 should be coming out sometime. I only got to play with it for a little while, but I thought it was great. I also really liked the CLYW Chief.

Of the newer yoyo’s that I actually own, my favorite is probably the DANG. I got the nickel version, I liked the little bit of extra weight more than the standard version. They have them available here on YYE. The shape looks weird at first, but it’s actually quite comfortable and fun.

Oh, the XCube Stampede is another great one. Extra wide, but it doesn’t really feel extra wide when you play with it.