I recently started skateboarding again!

They just built a new $3,000,000 skatepark in my city so I recently got back into skateboarding. Going to also promote yoyoing to all of the skaters there and show them how cool it is now. Any other skaters on the forum? Here’s my last trip to the park.

19 Likes

I never really skateboarded but I did paint a couple of them when I used to do spray paint art.

One thing I did do was Longboarding and I really loved that, but becoming diabetic kinda makes injuries a little more dangerous so I don’t do it anymore.

Now my board just gathers dust unfortunately.

I would mostly just buy old boards from thrift shops, paint em and give them away to anyone that wantd to learn.

Ignore the quality of the photo, it’s years old now.

11 Likes

I’m old and fat but I still love skating.

I just like to kick around big smooth parking lots and trails. I usually stick to my cruiser but I built a custom working brake for my longboard.

16 Likes

That board on the right is sick!

1 Like

I’ve never seen anything like that. That’s really cool

2 Likes

That’s snazzy.

1 Like

10 Likes

What kind of board is that one the bottom?

1 Like

It’s just a blank deck I set up for my son when he was scooting around on his knees

3 Likes

Started a while ago again after pausing almost 20 years.

Baby steps…

12 Likes

I would but at 71, my bones are fragile and I can barely walk. :frowning:

But back in the 60s, I made my own. Then, I worked at a bike shop and we carried some hot boards.

8 Likes

That’s up there.

3 Likes

I built my own half-pipe in the back-yard. Back in the day we had one of these at the local skatepark:

10 Likes

My oldest son used to skate at Kona in Jacksonville. He was crazy good. I was already too old and involved in my career by that time. :wink:

3 Likes

Let’s goooo! Got that pop

2 Likes

My last few trips to a skatepark was years ago; under the Burnside bridge here in Portland. It was made by locals with donations of time and materials.

And this park in Richland WA (Hanford) made with government $$$$$. Absolutely amazing:

8 Likes

I’ve still never been. I’ve seen tons of cool videos of it though. We always talked about taking a trip down to check it out in the 90’s when it was still very much under construction. Definitely a Mecca of the west coast skating world.

3 Likes

Nice parks

3 Likes

I am so old that I remember the Skateboarder magazine showing Tony Alva hitting an “aerial” in a pool in Southern CA. Unbelievable. We were convinced it was tick-photography. :slight_smile: 35 years ago; I would have shredded those bowls. The locals were impressed that a (then: 49yr) old could throw down aerials before crashing out. It hurts so much more as you age.

The Richland park taught me that my time on the board was over. Too much for this old man.

4 Likes

Great documentary on the bones brigade from the 80s.

2 Likes