I need to write a persuasive essay for school.

I think he means (and my agreement with him) is that it is not clear what he is trying to persuade One Drop or YYF to do.

That’s how I took it, too.

I am torn between asking One Drop for a 2013 Code 1 or another company (probably YYF because of their history of producing spoof throws) for a specialty 1/2 A throw. Which would be better? I’m leaning towards the YYF essay, simply because it has the most reasons for it. I can’t really think of three reasons for the 2013 Code 1 that I could make into a paragraph so yeah I think I’m going to write to YYF. Does anyone think I should write to a different company?

That’s not the issue in question here.

If the assignment is to write a persuasive essay, then just write the essay and be done with it. However, if the purpose is merely to write a persuasive essay, why are we having to dictate the topic matter? I would think if the author has some sort of opinion to express in a persuasive manner, why not just write it out? It’s going to come out better that way as opposed to asking the forum to make a decision for him?

What does mailing this essay have to do with anything?

Why does this essay need to be mailed to a yoyo company? What is the intended objective?

Seeing as how the objective is to score a free yoyo, I question the motivation.

If the objective is to request YYF to make a 1/2A-themed yoyo, it might be more advantageous to perhaps express the interest in the style, and perhaps some ideas to make it more fool-proof. I would say a system that can retain the bearing(not a grip of death bearing seat), different colored halves so you can easily tell “retention half, removal half”. Should this be a production model? Should this be a one-off or small run? What’s the true demand for this style to require a somewhat specialized yoyo? Will this be a modification of an existing model?

I can use an example of a short persuasive essay that got results. I am working with a local retailer who intends to carry both YYF an YYJ, both are brands that I have a lot of yoyos by. While it’s clear that YYF has many models I simply don’t like, in general, I do like YYF as a brand. The local retail store applied to be a reseller for both brands and their inquiries have not been responded to after 2 weeks. To illicit a response, I wrote both companies a friendly email on the stated behalf of the shop with the objective of persuading them to respond to me so I could forward the information to the retail shop so they could speed the process up. My plan worked, and both YYJ and YYF responded within 48 hours. This doesn’t surprised me though because both YYF and YYJ are known for good customer service.

Lastly, to the OP:

If you want to write to a company for 1/2A, I’m thinking YYF would be a good starting point because they have a good many models that could be easily converted to accommodate this style. But, I wouldn’t leave out YoYoJam either. Why? Mostly because in my observation, YYJ seems to be one of the few brands that really embrace all 5 major styles. The downside is that by the way they construct nearly all of their yoyos, a simple modification to an existing yoyo wouldn’t be possible. I wouldn’t use that as a reason to not contact them.

I don’t want to write to a yoyo company to get a free yoyo (though that would be awesome) I just don’t know what else to write about.

Oh, and the teacher is making us mail it.