Design submission

Anyone know a reliable company that would accept design submissions? I have a half a dozen usable yoyo ideas. 1 for yoyofactory and 1 for onedrop specifically. The others would work with any company but those two are specially thought up for them. XD and ty.

All I want is one of the ideas I submitted to be made into reality. Then sent to me in a nice package of course XD.

Have you tried contacting the companies? I’m sure you can google the company and find their number, email, or address.

some of the smaller companies would be more likely too look at designs then companies like yoyofactory. Email gsquared owner he is usually pretty good.

Or if your feeling really ambitious try emailing kyo or yoyodoc. They both have been in the business for years and they would be able to help should they find the need to reply.

Most yoyo companies that are succeeding already have someone who is capable of designing any yoyo they need. It only costs a couple hundred bucks to get some prototypes machined, so that’s probably going to be your best bet.

Who’s machining prototypes? You mean like a machine shop, or a company that already does yoyos?

Foxland Precision makes the yoyos for alot of companies… helps that the owner of foxland also owns 3yo3

1 Like

whoa! Did Landon Balk sell 3yo3 to Foxland Precision?!? That’s some news.

i thought landon owned foxland and 3yo3… i guess i was told wrong…

Foxland precision is the only one I know for sure machines for a few small yoyo companies, though I’ve heard onedrop does some as well. I’m not sure if they only machine for clyw though.

If you want to make your own yoyos then try asking around and finding a local machinist, worked for me. Waiting for my prototypes now.

I have no idea who owns what(lately). But I would pretty surprised if Landon ‘owned Foxland’?

Foxland Precision was Started, owned and operated by a Master Machinist named Alvin Rollins.

I used to talk to him when he was first starting out. He didn’t know much about making yoyos at the time. I certainly didn’t teach him anything. But we talked about trends and misc. things; since I had already been around for years and he was gathering as much information as he could to help facilitate his blending into the Yoyo making biz.

That guy is a Mastermind and Perfectionist. I doubt he would be bought out by anybody.

But then again, Landon Balk is a Mastermind also. So it is possible they might form a Braintrust of sorts.

But I highly doubt it.

I would contact Alvin at Foxland. He used to take on special projects. He possibly is too busy now, dunno?

But I would sure try to contact him…

He’s a real nice guy too.

1 Like