I need some help regarding my magicyoyo d1 ghz

I had bought a magicyoyo d1 ghz couple of moths ago. It had its usual compatible string with it and it worked really well. A few weeks ago, the string broke and i had to make a new one, but now the string which I made isn’t working pretty well and the yoyo doesn’t vibe, but the string does as the magicyoyo has plastic grooves instead of response pads. I’ve tried every thing- also made at least five different strings, cleaned the bearing, etc. And also as mentioned, i also tightened the yoyo, but none of it worked. I can’t really buy strings from any site as I live in India and none of the sites sell any thing to india at its original price. Please help me in this…

1 Like

Cleaning the bearing might not be your best guess for an looper. You should lube that bearing up after cleaning to get it responsive again.

I have cleaned and used graphite powder to lube its bearing. I have also changed the strings several times but it didn’t help. The problem is that actually the response grooves in the yoyo are causing the string to vibrate and that kills the spin almost immediately. I really can’t understand what is going on in there, but I do remember that the string which came with the yoyo was of size 6 and I have tried at least 4 types of string of size 6. But it didn’t work. If anyone had the same problem with the same yoyo or different yoyo but with these kind of response grooves and has found its solution, please help.

1 Like

The D1 GHZ is a looping yoyo with a starburst style response. Are you attempting to do 1A string tricks with a 2A looping yoyo???

2 Likes

I have a couple of this yoyo and they are all smooth. Do you have this problem with simple tug returns or just with advanced tricks?

There is a rather popular YoYo Shop in India that even takes Indian Rupees. Can’t mention their name here as this is the YYE shop. However some of their popular yoyos are called The Machination, The O-Ting, and The Stoopid, which could help your internet search.

3 Likes

The string which I use are of size 6 but the response grooves on the sides of the yoyo are interfering with the string, causing it to jerk and vibrate, and ultimately killing the spin. I am currently on intermediate level in looping and I also know that the string shouldn’t vibe in such a way. I can’t even do the simple around the world on this; let alone advanced tricks. Maybe it’s something with the narrow gap- wide gap thing. Anyone who has faced such problems with starburst style response yoyos and has found its solution; please help. And I am clearly not trying any 1a sting tricks with this looping yoyo- I have a seperate unresponsive yoyo for that.

Did it ever work really well?

yes, it did.

If string is rubbing you should check the spacers. Did you get them back in?

Change them out for thicker spacers if you want less rubbing on the starbursts.

You could also have overtightened it to the point where the spacers or plastic that holds the nut cracked.

2 Likes

I’ll check and revert back as soon as possible.

Hey, its me back again. I’ve finally fixed it. The problem was that the starburst response grooves were hitting the string and causing it to vibe. I don’t get any kind of spacers as I live in India n’ so I ultimately stuffed the remaining gap of the spacers with paper. Now, the spacers are well outside and the string slides on it. Thank you everyone for the help.

2 Likes

I wish I could see before and after photos. I’m glad you solved the problem.

1 Like

here’s how it looked before

1 Like

2 Likes

and here’s how it looks after me fixing it

Obiously, there’s not much difference in the way it looks but stuffing paper in the place for the spacers to go in eventually made it a lot more better in playing.

2 Likes