I need help.

My problem is that when I yoyo I just don’t have the wanting to do it lately and at the same time I want to learn more (in yoyoing). My body feels tired when I start (my back feels like it wants to bend over and my knees want to squat instead of standing straight.) I feel a little bit of discomfort when I yoyo. I feel rushed or pressured to learn more but there’s nothing coming up or something I should be doing with yoyoing. I want to learn more but at the same time I don’t want to. Lately I’ve been yoyoing because it’s a habit to use it when I’m bored but there’s no fun to it. I kind of feel burned out (like what now?) I recently ordered a kendama and an offstring yoyo but I didn’t have any hype what so ever. I know that in my nature that I need a little bit of hype to keep me going in life but I don’t have any of that. I used to make up stories and imagine stuff in my head dreaming that I was there and I enjoyed it, but now I try to imagine and I have no interest in it. I don’t feel like doing anything within my interest. I just do it to kill time a burn through the day. I can’t put all my thoughts into words but I know I want to improve but have no motivation. Do I need a break from yoyoing? I’ve been doing it for four years and I’m sure for the past two that I’ve thrown a yoyo every day. Should I focus on other activities and distract myself from other things that I normally do? It’s summer and I had a vision that I would be into yoyoing hardcore everyday, but now I just don’t feel it. Anyone know what’s wrong with me? Is it normal and should I give yoyoing a break for a week or two? I need suggestions from yoyoers. Do other yoyoers go through this? Please help and
PS: I don’t have self esteem issues.

Remember why you started

I do and think about it all the time and how I used to view yoyoing and wanting to get better but I don’t feel that way anymore. I have the same mentality but no push.

If it’s starting to become less interesting or fun you can give it a break.

It’s totally normal to give yoyoing a break I’ve been through plenty of them. I’m also not as serious about yoyoing as when I first started, and that’s okay. It’s only natural that you’re not going to always be in the climax of your yoyoing experience; there’s always going to be ups and downs in yoyoing.

You shouldn’t force yourself to yoyo or learn tricks because that makes it in to more of a chore then a hobby. Keep things fresh and fun; remember yoyoing isn’t a race take it at your own pace. Also if yoyo truly isn’t your thing any more you’ll have this time to invest in to something you truly enjoy now.

Yoyoing should make life better, if it doesn’t maybe it’s time to move on for a bit. Once the joy of yo-yoing is gone, it’s just yo-yoing. The yoyo will always be there for you. Don’t sweat it if you don’t feel the drive to progress or even pick up a yoyo. You yo because you choose to. It’s alright to choose something else.

You can always return later, you will still have skill! :slight_smile:

There’s no need to feel rushed or pressured. There’s nothing wrong with going at your own pace.

I felt this way about programming. I wanted to get better at it and learn more things, but I’ve never had the motivation to. The problem was that I would always set multiple goals too large(biting off more than I could chew). I would try to program for four hours a day. Within a week, I completely lost interest in programming and I never felt like doing it anymore, along with the other large goals I set out to do.

This is what I do to start habits that I've always had trouble starting. I would start with a goal so small that I couldn't fail(programming for 10 mins a day). I would then associate that goal with a cue so it becomes an automatic reflex(When I turn on the computer, program for 10 mins ).Sure, it wasn't enough time to get things done, but that wasn't the point. It was an easy way to get the habit started. After a week, I would then increase the programming time to 20 minutes, then 30 minutes, and so on. As a result, I'm programming consistently and enjoying it more as well.

The reason this worked is because I am breaking the habit down into time increments that are always easy, I am reducing the mental burden needed to accomplish the habit. In a way, programming for 10 mins a day is easy to do and requires very little motivation to finish. I am also focusing on actually performing the habit rather than worrying about the outcome. I’m developing the skill of being consistent and that is a skill that is valuable in nearly every area of life.

Maybe you can apply this to yoyoing somehow. Have a really small goal(yoyo for 5 mins a day) and then associate it with a cue (as soon as I wake up, before I go to bed, etc.). I hope that helps somehow.

I’m like the opposite of Anthony. I hope this helped. Nah I’m just kidding? ???