I need help with siliconing

Well, my case was first time siliconing and I needed help and I was frightened for making an unretunable mistake ( 'cause this is my only unresponsive yoyo and if it cannot be recovered, I won’t get another good yoyo.). By the way my second siliconing (first 24 hours wait one) was tug responsive that I was fine, but it teared up itself. So I will silicone again and I will write the results.

And thanks for suggesting flowable silicones, but it is harder to find in Turkey. That is why I got red RTV.

I understand that part, I mean people don’t like to wait for it to “break in.”

Any Auto parts store or if you have Walmart or Lowes…

When the recess is wide and shallow, the silicone is easier to rip out.

I’ve siliconed plenty of PGM’s, I don’t have any issue with them. After it was done, I used my fingernail to scrap off the excess that cured to the area around the bearing seat and the overage from the outside of the silicone recess and it’s fine. Unresponsive, playing great.

I think too many people are too lazy about it. I always have a little “post cure” clean-up on nearly any yoyo I silicone. Only takes a minute to clean up and then it’s play time.

I just did a batch of 3 Classics and a Stalker. I’m gonna get them ready for being played tonight so they’ll be ready in my cases for BAC. I think everything else is in good playing condition.

Thanks for advices and telling to me how you do it. I siliconed my PGM yesterday, played with it 15 minutes today and silicone idin’t rip out by itself. That means I did it. Thanks a lot, everyone!

It’s great when you can do it yourself. You should be good for a few months. That’s not bad considering you could do probably 30 or more silicone jobs with a tube of flowable.