I may as well show what I've been up to: Fat-loss and getting shredded.

So I began this journey just 8 weeks ago and felt it is time to post my progress.

Right now I’m mainly focused on shredding fat. I will start adding more muscle mass in the near future, although I have been weight-training daily as well…

After 8 weeks I’ve dropped ~40 lbs of fat. Don’t know my bmi.

How I’ve been doing it:

Combination of CKD + intermittent fasting + weight-training + cardio

I’m on my phone and it’d take forever to type out all the specifics…

At the beginning:
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c285/pereiranick/FatLossStart.jpg

At 8 week mark:
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c285/pereiranick/FatLoss8weeks.jpg

to be continued…

D-D-D-dang.

you’ve really made awesome progress. keep it up!!

Looking slim there man. Keep at it!

Good job!

You look great! Keep at it! :slight_smile:

Thanks everyone. It’s tough at first but if you really want something, you can accomplish it.

Wow! Nice! I wouldn’t worry about BMI, it’s completely irrelevant.

Most of these measurements are irrelevant; however, don’t most people prefer to use BMI over raw weight loss? I think it’s one of many good tools to use and MiamiBuddha just didn’t have it available.

MiamiBuddha, if your program is working for you and you’re feeling high energy along with weight loss, you’re probably doing it right, regardless of weight loss OR BMI! At first I was worried about the “intermittent fasting” part, but it’s probably just the semantics of it… if the program is well engineered, that’s all that matters.

No, BMI is about the worst tool you can use. It only takes height and weight into account. It doesn’t take bone density, muscle density, and body type into account.

I had my doubts about intermittent fasting, at first, but when I thought about it… Since I’m doing CKD as well, my body is getting barely any carbs so it is forced to use fat, and stored fat, as fuel for my workouts, and just general living. I know fasting causes your body to want to store fat as a means for survival since it doesn’t know when it’s going to be fed again but since I’m forcing it to burn this stored fat, it has no choice…

Of course, you must approach some things with caution as it could cause health problems. However, I’ve done this in the past and have researched these things immensely so I am certain I’m doing things in an appropriate manner. I still have a “cheat” day once per week in which I replenish my body with a lot of carbs and other things so it’s easier to stay on track every other day.

If that’s the case, then I totally agree-- I was thinking of the one that DOES take those things into account… getting out the calipers and all that stuff.

Yea, I meant I didn’t know what my body fat percentage was. I don’t have calipers so I can’t take those measurements…

Fasting is an amazing tool to help cleanse the body and reset it. Im currently on a 6 day + juice fast :wink:

Keep up the good work, and remember to focus on lifestyle changes that you can implement to further your progress long term. Losing fat and havin a nice training program is good in the short run, but you must focus on nutrition as well. Cut out all meat and dairy, it creates mucous and clogs all organs. Stick to a vegan/raw/plant based diet and you will transform your body in ways youve never dreamt of

I agree for the most part. I don’t eat much meat. Really only tuna and turkey sausage. I eat nuts and veggies. I stay away from juice, and fruit, because of sugar. Even if it has “no sugar added” fruit is broken down into sugar in the body. It’s funny… Even artificial sweeteners can be detrimental to your physique because even though it has no caloric value itself, your body doesn’t know the difference between “real” and “fake” sugar so it processes it the same way, thus, it will store your fat and attempt to burn the artificial sweetener as if it were real sugar. So, stay away from artificial sweeteners to folks.

Meat is essential to the body. It also does not “Clog” organs. Your body needs essential amino acids only found in meats. The only reason vegans are “Healthier” is because they have a much higher tendency to watch what their eating and eat more correct proportions. I am more than happy to discuss this, but please don’t flame me for our evolutionary needs.

1 Like

And plus those amino acids in meat help build muscle.