I’m going to get a Duncan bi metal, but I can’t decide which one. Any suggestions?

I’m going to get either the, Grasshopper GTX, or the Tourney, but I’m going crazy trying to decide which one! PLEASE HELP!!

4 Likes

Do the specs (and shape) of one of them appeal to you more than the others?

3 Likes

the grass hopper GTX all the way

2 Likes

I can only speak about the Grasshopper GTX, as it’s the only one I’ve played, but it is absolutely fantastic. So fantastic that I want to grab a second one.

2 Likes

I have almost all of Duncan’s bimetal ( just missing haymaker/x). The Grasshopper GTX is a beast. The tourney is a little more chill. They are both very powerful and capable with excellent spin times. The lighter density of the GTX make it a bit more nimble . I love using both for 5a and 1a but can’t deny that my hand always goes for the GrasshopperGTX.:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Just get both.:sunglasses:

6 Likes

Neither one – THERE IS ONLY BARRACUDA X!!!

2 Likes

Its absolutely true to my heart!

I have a couple…

6 Likes

Haven’t tried the Tourney but the Grasshopper/GTX is pretty sweet.

If you like smaller yoyos, there’s the Exit 8 too.

2 Likes

Tourney is one of my favorite throws. It just feels so chill and fun. The shape and curves feel super comfy in the hand and to catch, the weight of it feels just right to me…it’s relaxed but also very high performing.
It’s top 3 for me as far as ‘fun’ throws go in my collection. I’ve got more performance driven yos in my collection (holy hell I feel lucky to have such a nice collection going)…but the Tourney is the kind of yo I just want to carry around with me and throw for the fun of throwing. It’s like the ‘my little buddy’ of my collection lol.

All this being said…and note that I’ve not actually tried a Grasshopper GTX…
I’ve heard nothing but high praise about the Grasshopper and would actually recommend that based off of all the great things I’ve heard about it…over the Tourney.
From what I gather, it’s a super high performing beast of a yo! It’s hard to go wrong with it!

It is a tough choice. After all- the Tourney is based off the GrasshopperX.

If this can help, I can sell a BRAND NEW IN BOX Grasshopper GTX, for $60 shipped. The box has not even been opened. Here on the left.

3 Likes

cc @x0mb if you want to get a second one :smiley:

1 Like