Grasshopper GTX

If this isn’t the best throw of 2019… it’s going to be a heck of a year. This thing takes the best of the other Grasshopper iterations and the Haymaker X and makes a much more elegant and refined version of them all. Feels a lot like a Luftverk Octavia somehow and the Difeyo KK is second to no other bearing. Amazing job Duncan and Janos :facepunch::slightly_smiling_face:image

9 Likes

I can’t get over the price, either. $75 is crazy for a fancy bimetal. Granted solids only but still.

1 Like

I tried a proto, and it’s AMAZING!!

Yeah agreed, great yo-yo! But what are all these plastic figures i’m looking at in your picture??

2 Likes

I still need to get myself a modern Duncan metal. Not sure I need another “performance” yoyo just yet though.

Those are the castings of my mouse fishing lure :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Oh cool. Are they for… Catfish? :rofl:

10 Likes

Can all Yo-Yo photos be done with creepy doll parts from now on?

3 Likes

This is the yo-yo that Remy won ma states with!

1 Like

This is identical in shape to the previous Grasshopper X, except it has extended outside metal rims instead of the under-rings of the previous model.

The old Grasshopper X was $95 (solids) and the GTX is $75 – considering the price difference (!) and the clear additional performance of extended outside metal rings … this one is a total no-brainer.

2 Likes

Has enough of a different feel from the Haymaker X and the Grass X that it’s worth picking up even if you have the other 2, the Grass X felt sleek and nimble but underwhelming to me, the Haymaker X feels more stable and powerful but lost a bit of nimbleness… The GTX has it all, even after a few weeks of solid play time it still shocks me at its performance, plus the price is right!!!

1 Like

Haymaker X is way more extreme in terms of metal to alu ratio. So if you want a “chiller” Haymaker X this is definitely that.

1 Like

gtx is sooo gooood, slick af

1 Like

The GTX is insane. It plays significantly different from the Grasshopper X. The X plays ultra fast, light and frenetic. The GTX plays more substantial and is much more controllable, while being incredibly stable, powerful and fast when needed. It’s the best yoyo I’ve ever played.

The Haymaker X plays far more sluggish and heavy than either the Grasshopper X or GTX, imo.

1 Like