DUNCAN Bi-Metals! Barracuda X, Grasshopper GTX, Exit 8, & Haymaker X!

Duncan-GrasshopperGTX-Extra

Duncan-Exit8-Extra

Duncan-HaymakerX-Extra

8 Likes

Haymaker X is my favorite yoyo RN.

3 Likes

That silver and gold Haymaker X is awful purdy. Just like my Grasshopper GTX. If I didn’t already have a red and gold Haymaker X, I’d be sorely tempted to get it.

2 Likes

I noticed they were listed as butterfly packs. Does that mean they come with a Al Butterfly?

1 Like

I’m interested in getting this 90th Anniv. HaymakerX.

How do you like this yoyo? I appreciate any comment you can give on how it plays, if it is stable, or feels heavy, or narrow, etc.

Thanks!

1 Like

No, they come with the new plastic Butterfly XT. You can see them in the pictures on each page.

5 Likes

Thank you for the reply. I even looked at those but didnt notice. How air headed of me. :yum: That makes a lot more sense price wise.

1 Like

Haymaker X feels big and powerful, very catchable but not too wide, very long spinning but doesn’t have a thud in the hand, I like how big it is but some people may consider 57mm diameter as oversized, this is my comp yoyo, don’t sleep on it.

2 Likes

I agree with @JWaugh’s description.

I would further add, however, that IMO the Haymaker X is not substantially more performant than the Grasshopper GTX, and so I sorta feel that the 'Hopper is a better value (at $45 less than the 'Maker). I just don’t feel that the Haymaker X is $45 “better” than the Grasshopper GTX. But if you really want that extra 2% additional performance, or if you really love that engraving/colorway, then maybe the extra $45 would be worth it to you.

7 Likes

Dang haha…just one of the green/gold Barracudas in stock. I want this thing so bad, but I have zero hope of it being in stock all the way till monday when I get paid!
/is a very sad.

Eybamm4

4 Likes

I don’t really like Duncan. Only two of their yo-yos I can actually see myself some what using. But I will not lie, I would not mind having that gold and silver haymaker x :eyes:

3 Likes

Duncan gives me a ton of nostalgia and I think it is the biggest reason I love them so much.
But a lot of them look and play great too imo.
Duncan just has a way of bringing my inner kid out like very few other yo companies do.

3 Likes

Which 2 are those out of curiosity?

1 Like

Haymaker x and Duncan grasshopper gtx
@TheYoyoer27 knows the color :eyes:

2 Likes

Thanks @JWaugh / @zslane. I do like the colorway of the 90th Anniversary Ed. of the Haymaker X. This may also be for collection purpose in my part so I might as well hit the button. Thanks again!

1 Like

Duncan’s possibly my favorite brand for bimetals rn. I totally get why some people might not like their bimetals as they have a very specific feel to them (on the heavier/more presence side IMO) but that’s right up my alley.

So far, I’ve collected the Haymaker X, Grasshopper GTX, Barracuda X, Orbital GTX, and eXit 8. Hoping to add the Yoshicuda X and Grasshopper X to my collection by the end of the year.

6 Likes

Real facts

Grasshopper gtx is

So good

7 Likes

GTX version just came out so reviewers probably haven’t gotten their hands on it yet. Unfortunately I don’t own an Orbital so I can’t compare :pensive:.

1 Like

How is the orbital gtx different from grasshopper gtx?

1 Like

Will throw them around after work and get back to you.

1 Like