Two new Duncan releases - GTR Beta & Haymaker Beta!

GTR:

Working on the GTR, we took strong design notes from the Grasshopper GTX, but certainly weren’t afraid to stray from that path. Our goal wasn’t to make a replacement for the well-received and much-loved Grasshopper GTX design—we think everyone is satisfied with that design as-is. Instead, we sought to create a unique design that compliments the Grasshopper GTX. We like to think the GTR is to the Grasshopper GTX what ice cream is to milkshakes: Similar, but individually delicious for unique and distinguishable reasons!

Friday 7/17 @ 8PM EDT.

Haymaker:

It’s been about two years since we revisited the Haymaker design. When we first released the original Haymaker, we worked to produce a competition powerhouse, plain and simple. Later, when we worked on the Haymaker X, we updated the model with the same underlying design philosophy. With this model, we again take a look at what it means to be a competition powerhouse in this ever-evolving competition scene. Introducing the all-new monometal Haymaker!

Friday 7/17 @ 8PM EDT.

11 Likes

And yes, you read that right. These release tonight!

8 Likes

I’ve secretly been on this hype train for weeks! Super excited for this drop.

Come to me C3P0.

6 Likes

Just a heads up. On the site it says it’s release is a day+ away for GTR

3 Likes

There was a period for a while where Duncan seemed to be the ugly duckling when it came to 1 A yoyos. Now they seem to be producing some of the absolute finest yoyos you could lay your hands on.

13 Likes

So far I split my lunch money between your throws and theirs this year.

4 Likes

Yeah… conveniently once I entered the countdown wrong Shopify decided to go down. Will change asap. It is releasing tonight though!

4 Likes

Does “Beta” equal “prototype”? I ask because the term “beta” normally indicates that the product isn’t in its final form yet, and if you buy one you are basically paying to be a beta tester.

6 Likes

Yes. Duncan wants input from the community on these as part of the revisions.:wink:

3 Likes

I don’t know why I’m drawn to the gold one. I find full gold or full brass looks gaudy, and this is no exception. But it’s still my first pick.

:man_facepalming:

5 Likes

Haymaker beta looks amazing, 7068 40 bucks thats dope. Gtr looks cool too, altho it looks rly sharp and flat after that response bump.

3 Likes

Same here. But then, I love full gold yoyos!

4 Likes

Not seeing the option fml

cough excuse me. I panicked

Woohoo!

Bundle for both. what?!?!

1 Like

@Mystik :open_mouth:

1 Like

Whoa…$100 for the GTR, $40 for the Haymaker…

OR buy them both together for just $110! What a great deal!!

7 Likes

agreed, im saving my money right now but if I was not I would pick up these throws right when they drop

2 Likes

It’s a pretty cool design but imo looks like one of the main revisions is going to be rim weight. Doesn’t look like there’s a lot there.m

Edit:

Also kind of weird that Duncan releases a ~56x48 comp bimetal at the same time YYF releases a ~56x48 comp bimetal. Both of which could be their next flagship comp model.

3 Likes