DUNCAN Bi-Metals! Barracuda X, Grasshopper GTX, Exit 8, & Haymaker X!

Here you go. Firstly, the shape is pretty different. The Grasshopper GTX is more of a rounded V shape whereas the the Orbital GTX is a harsher W shape. The Grasshopper GTX weighs in on my scale as 66g w/ bearing and string while the Orbital GTX weighs in at 64g w/ bearing and string. My scale measures in 0.5g increments so take those weights with a grain of salt, but suffice it to say that the Grasshopper GTX is roughly 2g heavier than the Orbital GTX.

On the string, they also play pretty different. They both have power and presence on the stringā€”they feel like Duncan bimetalsā€”but the Grasshopper GTX plays like powerful and fastā€”similar to the Haymaker Xā€”while the Orbital GTX plays a little less powerfully and slightly slower (though itā€™s still plenty powerful). The Orbital GTX feels wider by comparison even though itā€™s not actually that much wider. I think thatā€™s because the Grasshopper GTX has narrower rings that focus their weight on the rims to make a really powerful throw whereas the Orbital GTXā€™s wider rings probably spreads the weight over a larger area.

I hope that helps!

Edit: changed ā€œthinner ringsā€ to ā€œnarrower ringsā€ with reference to the Grasshopper GTX

8 Likes

Iā€™d have to throw them back-to-back to have a fully formed opinion, but nonja is spot on. The Grasshopper GTX plays extremely powerful, stable, aggressive and fast. The Orbital GTX is lighter and plays that way. Itā€™s not as powerful, easier to knock off plane, and plays wider than it is. If you get in a groove with it, I find it has a feel thatā€™s fantastic and unique. Both are in the top tier of performance throws, but they are very different.

5 Likes