Duncan bi-metals

So, i wanted a duncan bimetal and I can’t decide.
The options are:
Exit 8
Grasshopper gtx
Yoshicuda x
Tourney

3 Likes

Can’t go wrong with any of those

5 Likes

Thank you for fast reply!

1 Like

MY top choices for Duncan bimetals:
Yoshicuda
GTR
GTR JS

1 Like

The Grasshopper GTX is a powerhouse but it does play on the heavy side, worth mentioning if you don’t like that cuz you’ll notice it right away. But It’s smooth, pretty dang quiet, very stable, plays on rails, and will handle pretty much anything thrown at it. I don’t think you can go wrong with any Duncan bimetal though, that’s their bread and butter in my opinion.

If you can spend a little more though the GTR I’ve heard is arguably the best Duncan has to offer. And if you prefer lighter and more floatiness that would be the one.

6 Likes

This right here
:point_up_2:

1 Like

Yoshicuda was my favorite of the Duncan bimetals… grasshopper was cool too but heavier… so one of those two depending how you feel about weight

I bought GTR-JS around 3 weeks ago and I keep playing with it all the time, is such a great yoyo!

Imma just save you a lot of time and money here and tell you that all the Duncan bimetals are mid except the GTR and GTR-JS, which are some of the best bimetals I’ve used, period.

1 Like

I’ve only tried two bimetals from Duncan before the Grasshopper X AP edition and the Orbital gtx, the Orbital is almost perfect for me from the wider width profile, weight, and playfeel but the problem is when I bind I feel a slight sharp on the inner ss cup which is bothering for me and I wish they curve it down that part if they decided to make a new version. Grasshopper X on the other hand is alright and good for technical play, can rejects string easily and comfortable on the hand plus the ano surface is good for grinds. Weight is on the lighter side but stable nonetheless.

1 Like

This is my huge issue with the Orbital GTX as well. I can’t believe they had them made and were like, “Yup this is good, let’s release this.” I do really actually love the play feel, but damn dude, that catch feel is BAD. And if one of those rims knocks your knuckles or somewhere else, when you go to grab the bandages make sure you remember the mf Advil cause you’re gonna be in pain bro

4 Likes

I know right? This always gave me anxiety for weeks of playing until I said screw it imma sell this and buy a better one, at one point I consider to shave the sharp part with a steel wool but I don’t want the ano surface damaged for the sake of comfort when I bind plus the resale value will get lower so its a no go.

But yeah good thing I’m always cautious when I play it and didn’t get any minor injuries from it so yey

1 Like

Thank y’all so much! Think I will go with the Yoshicuda X.

4 Likes

How do the grasshopper and yoshicuda compare?

I’ve got a grasshopper 2.0 but I’m curious about the yoshicuda

I have one its not bad its a small size kind of and is great but not my fav

Yoshicuda

All are good.

Grasshopper GTX is something else hahah soo good

3 Likes

I have Yoshicuda X and Haymaker OG. Both are fantastic.

1 Like

I only own the Grasshopper GTX out of the throws mentioned, and I can vouch that it’s a stellar throw!

2 Likes

I have a duncan exit 8. it is very good!