I just bought a $1000 yoyo

I can not be critical of anyone who is willing to pay out the cash for what ever it is they find valuable or meaningful.

I know this applies to me ( than throws
I feel people if people honestly look their purchase history they may realize in the grand scheme of things most of us have spent more on less. I know I have.

And for all of us who have purchased expensive throws in the past and are now seeing the price go up so high on similar throws. I do not know about the rest of you but it makes me feel even better I got mine when I did.

One more to get, ā€¦ always one more

11 Likes

Alright

2 Likes

Just this morning I was thinking about how yoyo is the cheapest hobby I have.

My thought process would be "Which do I want, a $1000 yoyo, a new guitar, a Traxxas e-Revo 2 with upgrades, a new camera, a new iPhone, a new iPad, a M1 MacBook Air, etcā€¦ I have to say, a $1000 yoyo would be last on that list.

11 Likes

I wouldnā€™t spend 1k on a black one when there are lightly used raw ones on the market for half that. Iā€™d be willing to spend retail for the MGSS though. At least that one is different.

2 Likes

why not spend 100$ of the 1000$ on some boutique strings, another 400$ to get like 5-8 other yoyos, and 500$ to buy something nice for your wife.

5 Likes

Good idea

1 Like

$500 yoyos are my top end

3 Likes

The Apogee is probably the best yoyo Iā€™ve played. Itā€™s incredible. Is it worth the price? No. Iā€™m also never going to be good enough to actually need a yoyo that good. Itā€™s a heck of a throw but unless you have already filled out the rest of your collection with different shapes etc I think your better off buying a bunch of less expensive yoyos.

LIke if I were you Iā€™d buy some A-rt, some yoyorecreation, maybe a nice RSO titanium in the 3-400$ range.

7 Likes

I had the exact thought while I was cleaning my teeth last night. ā€œCould you say it is better than 20 Shutters? Or plays 20 times better than a Shutter?ā€

4 Likes

Heya Glenā€¦ When you clean your teeth, do you use the same cup you clean bearings in?

2 Likes

Sometimes. Acetone residue can really cleanse the mind and palate, ya know?

12 Likes

I heard it that it plays better than 30 Shutters. At least until June 14thā€¦

6 Likes

Totally. On the other hand Iā€™ve got 3 reeeeally nice basses. Are they better than the 15+ really good Fender Pā€™s or Jā€™s I could have instead? To me they are, because they bring me joy and make me get stoked to play, but to lots of people itā€™s just silly and totally unnecessary. Both/neither are right!

15 Likes

Anglams donā€™t tend to hold their value well so you could likely try to BST one for less than $1000. Iā€™m not fully confident it would be the case for this one though but itā€™s worth some thought.

@Theycallmecotton if youā€™re doing it for the content, I would suggest you think about the audience outside of this forum. ā€œ$1000 yoyo vs. $10 yoyoā€ would probably capture the attention of a non-yoyoer, and thereā€™s not many yoyo videos that do.

4 Likes

Exactly

1 Like

Thatā€™s the exact type of content I was thinking about

1 Like

Donā€™t tell your wife. So your follow up video can be ā€œMy wifeā€™s reaction to $1000 yoyo purchaseā€ :rofl:

4 Likes

I have a bunch of yoyos. A ton of content could be made. "I bought a $1000 yoyo, $10 yoyo vs $1000 yoyo, etc

1 Like

If its for business, your CPA can probably write it off on your 2021 Taxes. There are only two left, might have to act now.

4 Likes