i didnt like the mutant DNA, like at all...

Ok
::slight_smile:

@yoyo143 Apples and oranges are fruit. But they’re still different. Fixed axle yoyos and ball bearing yoyos are still yoyos. Knowing that they’re different and what they’re used for, it doesn’t seem relevant to compare sleep time to justify your argument.

You simply don’t like the yoyo. From my understanding all you like are the hubstacks. Maybe you should find a hubstack yoyo you actually like.

1 Like

How can you sleep at night knowing you rolled your eyes at someone online?

1 Like

Here, tell your friend to send me the DNA and I’ll replace it with a long spinning yoyo.

The originals were AWESOME! Great Shape, The weight was just right. Overall was an awesome yoyo.
The Mutants were just to heavy.

The Mutant DNA is probably my favorite YYF throw. It’s extremely stable, and I don’t know about you, but it can sleep FOREVER. Really, this just sounds like an error in your technique, or a faulty yoyo, which I doubt. If everyone else is saying that it’s a great yoyo, and is the opposite of what you describe, don’t you figure that it’s you, not the yoyo? Plus, the shape is cool, not too many awesome Organics out there anymore…

And as for your Chief to Imperial comparison, it’s extremely flawed. How about we compare the DNA to the Chief? I say their stability is about even, and spin times are similar, but the DNA is more solid. This is a more fair comparison. :slight_smile:

EDIT: Are you crazy?! The gap is too small? Que ultra Patrick Condon double facepalm It’s gap is massive! You could drive a car through it!

he never said ANY yoyo. I know of some people who can sleep their imperial for a full minute. I can do maybe 10 seconds. that means that they can sleep it longer. of course, only one minute of slep on the chief is considered weak sauce by anybody worth their salt, who can sleep that thing for over 5 minutes.

To preface this, I absolutely agree with Big Cat above, every single word he says. He is 100% right.

Now, I don’t like certain yoyos, but I don’t go making threads about my dislike for them. To answer your question- you are alone in your opinion and you probably need to work on your throw, switch out bearings, or something, because the Mutant DNA, although it’s heavy, is an extremely stable yoyo that spins forever and has been proven over time (probably longer than you’ve been throwing altogether) to be a truly solid player.

And the comparison between the Chief and Imperial? Really dude? You’ve got to be kidding me. And then you even try and justify it! No. Just no.

I’m sorry bro, but before you make threads pubicly trashing yoyos, which you obviously know nothing about, expect to be trashed.

This thread is comical.

1 Like

I have a mutant dna and it’s probably my favorite yoyo by yoyofactory. When I first started playing with the mutant dna I could relate with the OP on spin times. However I realized that you will get out what you put into it. It is heavy, so you need to give it a good strong throw.

I wanna take this time to mention that preferences are extremely important in the yoyo world. It’s okay to like or dislike a yoyo because of its shape, weight, size, width, color, finish, etc.

However, if the disliking of a yoyo comes from the user’s skill level, its unjustifiable to say its a bad yoyo.

The DNA and mutant DNA are both based off the the 888 shape and design. The DNA is bigger and the Mutant is bigger and heavier I believe.
Getting used to a heavy throw does take time. I felt the same way with the summit. So you need to adjust your throw.
If you like hubstacks and want a lighter yoyo go with the 888. I know its your friends but youll probably love the 888
IF not get a grind machine for $30. they are somehwhat cheap and a fun way to experiment with hubstaks!

go yoyofactory!

I think the mutant dna is a beast. It is heavy but super stableand long spin times. Holding tthe hubstacks on mine Istill got almost 3 mminutes spin time. I like it better than the original dna and the 888.

Stephen I think that’s the most coherent thing you said since…well, ever.

I’m quite fond if my Mutant DNA. If you’re having bad spin times with it, fix your throw our check they bearing beause that thing is a monster. And the wide organic shape with a sliiight step is one of the most comfortable designs ever.

I’ve never played a normal DNA, though. Only the Mutant and Team Edition (which is like 2g lighter)

1 Like

I’ve owned both a Mutant DNA and a normal DNA, and I honestly have no idea what you’re crapping about. I have gotten the Mutant to sleep for 12+ minutes (Used the long spin technique but still…) Also, I think you may be mistaking long spin time with long spin time in combos. I honestly think you shouldve compared the Mutant DNA to a yoyo with about the same stability as it, like I dont know, a BTH? Yeah, that sounds right.

Im guessing you just dont know how to throw a 70g yoyo or the bearing is messed up, cuz my DNAs will always have a special place in my heart.

You’re all making me want a DNA or Mutant DNA…

the dna is a nice solid throw and would recommend it to anyone but the mutant dna is unreal. i love it. spins forever and is so comfortable and stable for a heavy throw.