Yoyofactory DNA release thoughts

Hi all,

Long time lurker here, but I forgot my old account so I made a new one. Just noticed that YYF is releasing a DNA yoyo soon, but is it different from the original that was released around 09’-10’?

5 Likes

I’m not sure how much the specs are different, but I can say that it doesn’t have hubstacks, so it’s definitely different in that aspect.

Weight distribution was likely reworked as well though.

3 Likes

I personally think it’s a welcome design. Hubstacks are fun and all, but ultimately are a gimmick. The flat hub gives the DNA a very pleasing look, and the organic shape and higher wall design is a nice change of pace from yoyos on the market currently.

5 Likes

I’m interested to know how it plays responsively, I may buy one so I can get the cool legend wing haha

1 Like

5 Likes

Don’t get me wrong haha, I love them, but they don’t make or break a yoyo for me. Also, do you ever sleep?

I do like that there are no hubstacks, what interests me more is that it is a full-sized design of the 888 and I want to experience that. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I can’t exactly give an opinion but it is a 7068 al DNA, but… no hubstacks

Looks kinda like a slightly heavier G2 Hawk. If it has even half of the magic the hawk does then it’s gonna be great!

Dna is cool. I love my mutant.

I’m so close to pulling the trigger on that Pulsar DNA :smiley:

1 Like

Looks like it will be less center weighted than the original. I’ll likely pick up one that isn’t a special edition and try to write up some sort of comparison to help people.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I haven’t seen the yo-yo can you post a picture of the yo-yo.

the weight seems a bit lighter than the original ones. 888 variant without hubstacks seems very interesting though

Just noticed that Higby has some raw painted DNAs for cheap!

1 Like

Love it that it’s back to a more traditional shape. Don’t much care for the new shapes coming out lately (V, H or whatever).

3 Likes