I cant do magic drop!

I just cant…

It’s a weird trick and it takes a while to get down. I will say you have to throw a break away to make it work. I used to never throw break aways so it was impossible for me until I started throwing them.

Don’t give up try watching a few slow motions of it.

Good luck. :smiley:

I would suggest the following:

1. After you are in the trapeze only move your non throwhand.
  2. Make certain the thumb on the throwhand is up.
  3. Experiment with the direction your throwhand index finger is pointing, it can change which string, strings you land on.
  4. Also you may try swinging the yo at different angles with your non throwhand while in the trapeze. For example instead of coming straight across angle it more towards the tip of your throw hand index finger. Experiment!
  5. You may be thinking about it to much. Throw it while thinking about something else. Sometimes new learning interferes with old learning. In other words the harder you try the worse you will do.
  6. If you should land it, stop think about how it felt and what happened. Try to take a break on your best attempt. Your muscle memory will appreciate it.
  7. Shorter practice sessions or mix it up so you aren’t just attempting the drop over and over for long periods of time.

I believe it was Jrod, that once advised someone to allow the yo to come over and drop. Not so much of a roll around the finger but a little hop. I hope I recalled that point correctly.

2 Likes