I can’t throw this one

I can’t throw this top no matter what i try. Anyone know a trick on how to hold/throw this squatty thing? The pic isn’t weird,it is very short.

4 Likes

You might want to join the forum at itopspin.com
There are folks there that can probably give you some help, also you can see who is making string these days. You can also get up with Neff at
Spintopworkshop.com to order string.

3 Likes

I’m thinking I remember seeing DK on YouTube do a video on one of these and had to use an alternate throwing style. Bowling ball style if I remember correctly.

A little different. Some good info on this top in this video.

3 Likes

@Neff

1 Like

Thanks steve. At least I know it’s not impossible to throw. I will get on a bigger iPad and try to zoom in on his hands to see how he holds it.

I came close to breaking windows with it this morning. Bouncing it off of everything in the house!

3 Likes

They can get down-right unruly when they are out of control. :rofl:

I have never thrown this one, the low profile would make me want to try to wind and throw it like a Koma.

5 Likes

Maybe @ta0 can help

2 Likes

Neff is right, I throw it like a koma: tip down, palm up. I put the button between my ring and little fingers.
With the standard string the wrap is a little unstable. A thicker string (like they use for komas) will make it more easy to wrap.
My review of the top: Dreamcatchers: Dreams came true

5 Likes

Anywhere there are pics of this hold and throw? All the videos I am seeing just show the top whipping out there in the air,coming back and being caught. I never get to see the hand holding the top. I am just learning this so “throwing it like a koma” does not trigger anything in my brain!

Kevinm, i am trying to join that itopspin forum.

2 Likes

There are lots of YouTube vids on koma tops, you may have to poke around because a bunch of them are from Japan. I couldn’t find my favorite one from the Japanese spin top org, but this shows what a koma throw looks like.

3 Likes