Hybrids everywhere

Is it just me or is everyone making a hybrid? Like I saw Dave got his arctic blast on. There’s the I yoyo iceberg, speedaholics getting a hybrid, Luftverk has a hybrid, plus a bunch of others. Seems like the new (old) trend like when hubstack where a thing then they wheren’t then they where again but only briefly.

Like am I missing the nostalgia train for yoyojam or something? Idk just thought it strange. Not gonna stop
Me from buying a bunch of yo-yos I don’t need regardless.

8 Likes

Noted.

3 Likes

I think it’s bc you can get that sick bimetal or bimaterial punch for cheaper like better performance for cheaper to produce but I’m just guessing

3 Likes

Do any of these new age hybrids have the inner ring that doesn’t touch the rims? Or is that a bad design choice?

5 Likes

Yeah the new unparalleled notion and those seem sick I haven’t tried a mid center bimetal/bimaterial design but I really want to. You can still get close to the rim so more power and closer to the center so more stability vs if it was out at the edge

4 Likes

I think its partially that they are able to make a bimetal type yoyo with a much cheaper cost.

Colin’s also has the caps

6 Likes

I’m not sure if this qualifies as new:

6 Likes

Monarch started a new trend :joy::joy:

It’s cool to see all the hybrids, it’s my favorite type of yoyo. It’s different from what we’ve seen from the last couple years of design trends. Designers saw how much excitement hybrids got at the end of 2022 and jumped on with their own spin on the hybrid motif.

11 Likes

Excited for the plage from Japan tech

6 Likes

that reminds me i still need to get a green monarch at some point lol. Its one of those that are on my list but i haven’t planned to spend the money yet.

2 Likes

YJ also has the new Rimsert, which sandwiches a stainless ring between polycarbonate layers:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CqFgzV9uNiv/

1 Like

Not sure if these will happen this year but turning point released some hybrid protos last year.

10 Likes

It’s like how last year every small company made an organic and a “performance” slimline.

7 Likes

Hybrid materials open up a ton of cool design possibilities so it’s pretty different than your examples . hybrids also can be a way to get higher performing yo-yos to the players for cheaper production costs and that’s sick. Like I don’t think hybrids will phase out like performance slimlines

If you like hybrids you should check out the Speedaholic FX. it is a hybrid speedaholic XX. it is releasing at 8:00 PM EDT on May 18

1 Like

I bet it’s fire I prefer metal or wood to plastic and I’m undecided if I might like it or not. I probably will grab one of these new hybrids… I definitely like them conceptually.

Not only Hybrids, but 2023 has also had a lot of great Plastics too.

3 Likes

Not all :wink:

3 Likes

Yet :wink:

2 Likes