Hubstack Recommendations?

Hey all, I’m fairly new to this forum. You all seem like a nice bunch. I was wondering if you could help me out.

So, I’ve been kind of bored lately and have been poking around the hubstack yoyos. Although I can’t really seem to make a decision. I was hoping I could somehow modify a yoyo or take parts from a Grind Machine and stick 'em in another. Although I’m having trouble finding a throw to do that with. Any suggestions? I’m open to ideas.

Thanks YYE,
Sheeep

I stacked a yoyo simply called “stainless steel yoyo.” It’s hard to unscrew, but it fun.

Magicyoyo has a hubstacked throw, called the N9 floating cloud or something of the sort, the major advantage it has is that the hub stack posts fit a full sized standard C bearing, which may be fun to mess around with. No guaranties about quality or a decent finish though.

1 Like

Back in the day, people used to take the parts out of a plastic Grind Machine and use them to stack FHZs. There are plenty of projects like this so it wouldn’t take much Google searching to find instructions.

Speaking of non yyf hubstacks I once bought a yoyo called the finhop. It was only 5 bucks, but it had terrible hubstacks. Buyer beware you get what you pay for. The yoyo was still fun after I replaced everything. Took the hubs off replaced the bearing removed the spacers 're did the response, and changed the string, then it was a fun throw.

It is kinda sad how hubstacks fell out of favor in modern yo-yoing. I guess I can understand due to simplicity and lower overall cost. Plus reduction in center weight! I heard there was a patent issue as well?

I also got a YoYoEmpire Blade Warrior in a mystery box, I had never heard of it and that’s a hubstack yoyo too. Seems current-ish, I am getting hits on 2017 for it.