Hub-stacks on One drop

Is there any conceivable way to put hubstacks on a one drop yoyo that takes side effects??? If it can be done i will do it

Yeah they are called rsm side effects

1 Like

They did exist, some time ago and have never been released since.
Vaaaaerry rare item if you find em.

1 Like

Oh how fingerspins ruined my dream for hubstacks making a comeback!

2 Likes

yeah i know about those but theyre like the unicorn of the yoyo world so i thinking more a mod capability

my broken heart

1 Like

This is about the only way you’re getting some rotating side members. Gotta make ‘em yourself.

2 Likes

Can’t you do most of that hubstack stuff with spikes instead?

1 Like

The rip starts yes. The rest not so much.

1 Like

no, part of it is the coolness of having hubstacks, i wish this trend didn’t die in the 2000s, newer players dont get it haha

2 Likes

wait are these something he is making???!!!

1 Like

Never having yoyo’ed back in the golden age of hubstacks, I don’t know what makes them cool. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Yes, modified Ultralight SEs and one may be a Lego SE

2 Likes

i shot him a message, id do that myself but i dont have the tools nor the skills i dont think

1 Like

I’ve recently acquired a micro lathe. I was interested in making some brass SEs, RSM type and wide spikes. I tried making a 3d model in DWG but can’t get accurate measurements and angles with my calipers.
Just finished cleaning/calibrating the machine, getting used to it and sorting a workshop space.
Making my own Side effects is the dream, but I’m a long ways off myself ATM.

5 Likes

during these dark times, we need you, get to work haha

3 Likes

As I recall it was taking the lego s.e. shaving the top off and tapping it. Then the bearing and threaded cap.
This is actually ingenious as it completely walks around the factory patent. Xoxoxo

4 Likes