How to yo-yo to music?

[quote=“Keb,post:20,topic:10239”]

I don’t know, what I might do would be maybe make a routine that would fit in two minutes, but make sure I have some tricks just in case I mess up, but I never played in a contest, so I don’t know what would be recommended.

Does anybody know if I would get scored for at least advance level tricks, or would I also get scored for a few intermediate level tricks, as in ripcord, barrel rolls, drop in the bucket, and mach 5? The reason I didn’t know is because what I found in the 2009 rules, here are the rules from 2009: http://2009.moyostates.com/?cat=8
Thank you in advance.
[/quote
I think that it would be smarter to go up with a routine planned.
Think about it…
It’s going to be easier for you to go up, hit tricks BOOM BOOM BOOM out of a routine, rather than have to be thinking “What am I going to do next?”.

Routine would be the way to go in my opinion

1 Like

Hello,

I think you should go with whatever you like because if someone said to yoyo with hard rock or something, you might not like it. So just go with what ever makes you yoyo smothly. :wink:

Bye!
1 Like

whatever you like and whatever can make you move and just yoyo to it ;D

1 Like

try listening to your music and bouncing your knees a little to the beat as you yoyo. the rest of your body will follow and soon you’ll be throwing to the beat of the song too. also, whenever you hear a song you enjoy with a good pace mark it down to practice to.

1 Like

Does anybody know if I would get scored for at least advance level tricks, or would I also get scored for a few intermediate level tricks, as in ripcord, barrel rolls, drop in the bucket, and mach 5? The reason I didn’t know is because what I found in the 2009 rules, here are the rules from 2009: http://2009.moyostates.com/?cat=8
Thank you in advance.

I took a look but i couldn’t find anything. sorry Keb. Maybe you could send them an email about what tricks they consider “advanced”. It would probably be the best way to get an answer. I would say since Andre is a judge in worlds a few times he would organize his videos based on those kind of qualities. That is my best guess man and I hope it gets you the info you need.

Sum up: if you don’t get any information from contacting anyone associated with the contest just try and use the video divisions as a guide. And hopefully it works  :wink:

1 Like

Is there anyone associated with the Moyo contest here on Yoyoexpert, and if there is, do you know who, if not, then who can I contact, and by e-mail or not?
Thank you in advance.

I haven’t been around enough to know if anyone is. My best guess is look all over the website(the contest one) and see if they have any emails listed. I couldn’t find one in the styles but i’m sure there is one somewhere. I’m sorry i can’t really help to much on this part. :-
Good luck Keb

1 Like

Not a problem, and you already helped me, so thank you for your help, Mamonga, and thank you for your help, everybody.

Any time. :slight_smile: Good luck and happy throwing

i like to listen too slayer or motoread when im practicing because the fast beat helps mre go faster

Some time faster isn’t better. Lol

Just saying. I prefer to watch a freestyle that i can actually see what the trick is to one that’s just blazing through. Slower freestyles may not win but I like being able to see they put practice into making each trick look smooth and flowing and having all of them mean something for the performance.

1 Like

HEy Keb. I broke into my CD collection, wanting to find a song for you. I think a neat song to try with would be BReaking the HAbit by Linkin Park. It’s got a good amount of rythm and just enough of a speedy lead part. It’s a perfect song to yoyo to at all paces in my honest opinion.

1 Like

I sent a message a few days ago, and I just got a reply today, and they told me that I will not get scored for repeating tricks, more complicated tricks receive more points because I will be doing more, but if I go with tricks that I can land 100% of the time, I will do fine, and that performance and consistency plays a big part. I just wanted to share this in case somebody else would want to know.

That’s cool dude. I think you could totally get it in the bag. Remember dude, it’s not worth it if your not having fun though. ;D Just keep it in mind. plus i bet you’ll do better if its fun too. Don’t put to much pressure on yourself.
Fun>everything!

1 Like

listen to the music find out what kind of beat it has then find a style of play that you can yoyo to the beat. basicly make the yoyo dance with tricks and the beat of the music. and maybe throw in a couple of dance moves yourself lol :smiley:

1 Like

Also, another song to yoyo to at your level (Not demeaning, you’re doing well!) would be Do you call my name by Ra. And Lost My Way by Finger Eleven. And for added theatrics, Ladies and Gentlemen by Saliva (GREAT BAND with lots of Rhythm.) Just do what ya do!

1 Like

Dude you actually know Ra!! :o Sweet

What can I say?
I get better by the minute Alex!