How to Train Your Dragon

I’m just going to say, I think that the entire franchise, both the movies and miniseries, are hands down one of the greatest animated stories ever made. I love it when people actually take the time to develop the characters in a story.

The third and final movie is going to be coming out in February I believe, and I already know I’m going to cry like a baby. It’s going to hit the feels hard. No shame :sweat_smile:

Anybody else here Into this?

8 Likes

I really liked the first one, and haven’t seen the second yet. Guess it’s time to check it out!

1 Like

Dude, Go see it! I would say it’s better than the first one, but I think it’s actually just as good. The producers really took their time to develop the story and it definitely shows.

And the series on Netflix is really good too, race to the edge. I am a grown man with three children and a wife, and I absolutely love that cartoon lol. No shame

2 Likes

I like that Jonsi did songs in both of them, and the animation is pretty great!

2 Likes

I’ve only seen the first one, but I found it rather enjoyable. A lot of good comedians doing the voices.
Also, on a random side note, we almost adopted a black cat who had a gum disease that caused all his teeth to fall out. So, naturally I was going to name him Toothless, but when we went back someone else had already adopted him :confused:

2 Likes

Iron Giant is my “hit the feels hard” animated movie of all time.

10 Likes

That would probably be Spirited Away or Princess Mononoke for me. Still watch them to this day and gets me every time

4 Likes

Someone at Discourse in Australia already saw the movie! :dragon:

2 Likes

I already know I’m going to cry like a baby. No joke, I’ve been saying it for months.

Jeff, you need to get caught up if you haven’t already. I never go to the movies, but I will be first in line for this one.

Iron Giant was good, but this series is sooo so good. 10/10 would recommend to a friend

Sure, I’ve seen 1 and 2! I felt 1 was quite a bit better, but 2 wasn’t bad at all.

Its a good movie I saw it today for a birthday, in Australia it came out in January.

That movie is good.

I saw the first one a couple of Christmases ago at my partner’s ad’s house. She wanted to watch ti when it came on and to be honest I was very reluctant however being in that merry and slightly fuzzy state of mind that comes with having drank beer and wine all day I agreed to watch. I am pleased I did because it was pretty good and the dragon itself reminded me of one of my cats, which is ace!

2 Likes