How to remove stuck bearings

I got a used DM today. When I opened it to clean the bearing I found it was stuck to the axle half. After trying pliers and smacking the crap out of it, I found a post on YYN by sicyo 8) that fixed the problem. Heres my take on it.

Take a yoyo string, preferably an old one your not going to use again and wrap it one or 2 times around the AXLE. screw on the other half till it’s tight, then unscrew. the bearing will be stuck to the other half and will come off it by pulling the string.

can also be used to get it off the non axle side by screwing it on a 2 or 3 turns, then wraping the string around the exposed axle, tighten, unscrew etc etc etc.

Worked great!
Can post pix in necessary .
Apologies in advance if this has been posted already.

Yup. The string method. Works great. Good post.

i just used a big pair of pliars. or was it a wrench?

same happened with mine, i just bit it.

I always use the freezer method. Works best for me.

ok to solve this dilema u got to take the axle off then put the 2 halves back together keep nudging them in then pull them apart as hard as u can it usually pops off but if it still stuck it should be slated or halfway if so get a knife and slip it in the gap and push it off and voila

i also use the freezer method though but it doesnt work sometimes

do not use clamps. I tried on my yyj bearing that was stuck to my legacy and it shattered it. :frowning: