How to make a yoyo more responsive

Im an intermediate yoyoer, and I just got a yomega maverick for my birthday. It says it’s responsive, but it only comes back after a hard throw. After doing a few trick combos, it slows down too much to come back. Even after a quick trapeze it’s still to slow. I have to throw it at full force and pull it immediately if I want it to come back.

I can do a bind pretty well but I’ll have to figure out how to incorporate it into my tricks.

Should I learn unresponsive? Or is there a way to make my yoyo fully responsive?

4 Likes

A+ username

Maybe replace the pads? Or maybe keep practicing binds!

Add some more lube to the bearing.

2 Likes

I was afraid that using lube would make even LESS responsive, and that using non yoyo lube would ruin the finish, but to my surprise, some wd 40 did the trick. Now it can do tricks for almost a minute, and still have the energy to come back. So far the best yoyo ive ever owned, Thanks dude

Also how do I close a thread

3 Likes

You don’t.
No need actually.

K thanks

WD-40 isn’t the greatest for bearings though, any kind of household 3-in-1 oil is fine to add responsiveness!

WD 40 worked great for me, but next time I’ll try to get something better for bearings. One day I might get some real yoyo lube if my mom let’s me

1 Like

Actually I just remembered I have some extra!! PM me your address and I will mail it to you no problem!

How do I pm on this site?

click on your user picture in the top right corner and choose the envelope button

its like an email

Your username is still light grey so you haven’t earned the PM ability yet. Try reading a few more topics first and you’ll get that ability.

LOL you literally just earned TL1 after I wrote that so your username is no longer dim light grey… all good :wink: