How to make a bad yoyo

I no nothing of the so called “Yomega incident” and don’t really care to. From what I can see, Yomega makes good yoyos. Everyone makes mistakes, let bygones be bygones.

Glue two stones together.

curious about the recrev thing wont change my opinion on them as my fav company tho

Shhh. We’re not aloud to talk about that in the world we live in. The world were the nice guys finish last, and taking advantage of each other is condoned.

Well make massively light as in 20 grams. All centerweight on one half. And rim on the other. Send to a brand new machine shop as there first project so they are not very precise. Then before you ship it out throw it at a Brick wall as hard as you can three times. Also ship with pre worn cotton string and a busted overlubed bearing and brand new looping stickers. And if that’s not enough claim to be unresponsive and ship with both halves unattached and in an ump added envelope using cheapest shipping possible. better yet just have people throw on the ground as far as they can and hope somebody finds it and throws again and that happens till it gets to the costumer. Also charge 155 for “worn” colorway.

I never dismissed it as taboo. What they did was wrong, and you can have your opinion, but saying they don’t make great yoyos is just plain ignorance.

It’s in the past. Let it stay there. There were extenuating circumstances that I doubt you know anyway. If anyone wants to know what recrev or yomega incidents are being referring to, I’m sure it wouldn’t be hard to find via a search. Now stop bashing and move on before the thread gets locked.

On topic: I think the first yoyo I made would qualify as pretty bad. It went up and down, and I got it to sleep for ~1-2 seconds, but that’s about it. Basically non centered axle + uneven halfs on a wooden yoyo with an axle that could hardly be considered an axle = a bad yoyo. When I get a lathe, we’ll see if my mk2 is any better. :wink:

First of all, I said Yomega made bad yoyos. I did not say, nor did I imply, that RecRev made bad yoyos. Second, ignorant?, I have tried their high-tier throw,Yomega Glide, and it wasn’t comfortable at all. It was bad designing on their part having such a heavy,rim weighted throw in such a steep H-shaped design.

I bought 2 yomega yo-yo’s at my local toy store, new in package. Both sincerely belong in a trash can. I also looked up the incident you guys talked about. How do you guys not hate Yomega? It’s just the way I see things.

Did it vibe and wobble uncontrollably? did it not spin? Was it actually bad in any way? Or did you just not like it?
I don’t personally like the spyy addiction. I felt that it was just uninteresting to throw. Does that make it a bad yoyo? Not by any means. Saying a throw is bad just because you don’t like how it plays does make you ignorant, yes.

@salty: you bought low end old-design yoyos from a toy store and were surprised that they weren’t up to today’s standards? I actually saw someone at walmart today playing with a yomega maverick. He seemed to have been enjoying it quite a bit. And raiders are still fan-freakin-tastic for looping.
What happened wasn’t even that bad, not to mention it was 6 years ago. I don’t hate them because I wasn’t personally affected, and what they did wasn’t some heinous crime. I’m not saying that it didn’t suck, but I’m pretty sure most people have moved on, similar to the situation with recrev. What happened with vsnyyc will most likely also get buried and we’ll move on.

I have tried a Glide too. It was dead smooth with very long spin times. In what realm is this bad? And I take it you think the GFunk, Super G, and G5 are also “bad” for being a steep H shape with a lot of run weight?

Back on to the subject, a bad yoyo is when one half is 5 times heavier than the other.

Lets not make the halves different in weight. Lets go one five times bigger than the other.

Without them being a different weight?

For all of you who know about the Yomega incedent I read this on yoyo wiki :slight_smile:

“Greg immediately raided the Yomega Salon with a swat team and 4 bulletproof helicopter and vanquished Yomega’s sales”

Love cold hard facts :wink:

Sounds legit. I believe it.

I think making one half 5 times bigger than the other, but keeping the balance and weight the same to not have vibe would be a masterpiece. I’d buy it. Then try swapping halves to have an enormous yoyo. :smiley:

The Delta is like that, sort of.

Yomega is now under new direction, and are doing a very good job at remaking their old yoyos to adopt industry standards, as well as producing new, high end yoyos.

Yomega is sponsoring contests and is being a strong positive force in the yoyo community. Holding a grudge against the company for the actions that occurred five years ago taken by people who are no longer around is ignorant and childish.

On topic, one of the most frustration and easy to miss while designing things that comes to mind is the use of a non standard and shoddy response system. There have been too many yoyos that just don’t work because of crazy response schemes.

I was actually thinking about that when he said it. Has anyone ever switched halves on a delta? Can you even switch them easily?