How to improve handwriting?

IMG_20190305_172027 I have tried to follow wikihow on handwriting I am using shadows into two font from Google fonts. I cannot use other pens because their price is so high. Using only different ball point pens. Stopped drawing lines with scales.doing everything freehand.tried to identified mistakes like improper alignment, correct space between letters and words that means equal space.

I have a hard time believing that you are being marked down for handwriting considering that example. Looks normal to me. Ive seen much worse writing among my colleagues, some of it being on the verge of not being legible. I can’t imagine what more is expected of you if handwriting this clear and legible is marked down.

3 Likes

My handwriting was very bad from last 4 years. I was going to engineering college for attendance.in that college also no one taught me writing but many people critisiced. Due to studying of lot of subjects and inmuturity. I didn’t get time to improve my writing. People are not enough caring everyone whether friends, family,teachers,cousins. No one cares. And I hate this academic knowledge. In colleges they don’t teach the real thing.

The handwriting looks fine, time to focus on that grammar now. Good luck!

1 Like

I’m learning Japanese right now, and I find the trace sheets to help with my writing

2 Likes

Write with your opposite hand all day. You will see a major improvement when you switch back.

–

Amazon has a lot of books on the subject, find one you like, and practice. It does work (I did this many many years ago), you will learn to connect your cursive better. Your handwriting is perfectly legible btw.

Anyway, take a break from the computer and find a handwriting book?

This is an old link but still a great resource. Also, Amazon.com
I have his Spencerian book and it is well done, but I have yet to give it any time/application.

My handwriting is simply horrible. My B‘s, my nines my sixes some of my o’s, p’s, etc…

Just about any letter or number with a circle in it just looks blurred and or closed making it hard to figure out what I’m writing.

It’s getting frustrating to the point where I finally decide to put my foot down and make a decision.

I’m gonna go straight down to Home Depot and ask those clowns If they have a spray can with a finer tip.

3 Likes

Have you ever ‘painted’, if that’s the right term, this cerakote stuff? If so, is it as they say, micron thickness and durability I guess matter most to yoyo? Application looks the same as any spray gun but with a 400f bake.

Writing by hand beautifully is an artform. There is no easy way to learn this skill. If you truly need good hand handwriting, you will have to practice by copying or tracing fonts, letters and words on paper. There is no short cut or easy way to learn. The only way to learn is to practice. Make sure you have good posture, keep your wrist straight and don’t grab onto the pen too tightly. You will have to start out slow before you can write beautifully quickly. You can practice with anything.

For school I prefer rollerballs with gel ink, something that glides fast on paper to take lecture notes quickly. Actually if you are learning to write, you don’t want something that writes too fast and easily on paper because you will lose control. So a ball point pen would be fine. There are waterproof inks for fountain pens, but I would advise against fountain pens in general for school, especially if you are taking a test with a time limit. The pen could leak, you could accidently drop the pen and ruin the nib, the feed might get clogged and the ink wouldn’t come out, and so on. It’s an unnecessary risk. For something like school I would keep it as simple and foolproof as possible.

Having said all this, I think your handwriting is fine. I don’t understand why people were criticizing you.

I have an engineering degree (from the US) but I have also taken many essay exams. I have never ever used a pen to write an exam. I’ve never ever seen another student write an exam with a pen either. To me it would be nearly impossible write an exam with pen and not be able to make corrections in my answers. Everyone always used pencils. I always used a mechanical pencil with 5mm “HB” lead, brought two or three backup pencils, and a couple of good erasers. Are you studying in India? Do you have to take exams using waterproof ink? If so you have my admiration and my deepest sympathy. Exams are hard enough writing in pencil.

edit: just looked at the time stamps. Hopefully @shubham24121996 has graduated from school by now. :blush:

I have graduated in 2018 itself

YouTube…key words…How to improve handwriting…whereas there are a plethora of videos.

Apply practice just like the art of yoyoing.
Enjoy~

1 Like