Cerakote on yoyo's? Anyone done it?

I’ve seen a 2019 thread mentioning it and inducing vibe, but has anyone tried it yet?

I’ve read up on it not affecting tolerances into the micron level and durability is high. Looks like a fun way to possibly express yourself with some yoyo designs. This has been brought about by thinking about doing some Ti anno again but being a spray on ‘paint’ without the anno steps, it sounded promising.

This application was on point. The barrel stamp is hilarious. Don’t put that close enough for anyone to read it, you might get disarmed :rofl:

2 Likes

Some of the Basecamp yoyos from wyyc 2019 were cerakoted (the green blue and white ones I believe)

3 Likes

Got any of those pokeball throws around to purchase? I saw some got to try them, so they exist I reckon. I won’t cerakote it, unless it’s flesh and pink and nippy brown! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

January!

3 Likes

I saw someone mention that the new mgska has a cerakote on it.

2 Likes

Hydrangea does it on their yoyos

2 Likes

Thank you for the info. Not affecting tolerances to such a small micron level with the claimed durability and ease of application, it seems like a nice way to customize aluminum. Ti, I would probably just anodize the standard way with voltage.

EDIT: This was interesting comparing different coatings. Of course it’s a sales pitch for them but I hadn’t read about the aluminum fatigue from anodizing. Doesn’t mention what grade/type of aluminum.
https://www.cerakote.com/cerakote-vs-other-coatings

2 Likes