How to improve handwriting?

I have some problems writing.can you suggest me ways to improve handwriting?

1 Like

Tip #1: Write more slowly.

8 Likes

But in exams we don’t have time.

If you want to improve, start by slowing down. Practice writing at a slower pace, and then as your letter forms improve you can speed up.

This is no different than learning any other manual dexterity skill, whether it is yoyoing, playing a musical instrument, or writing legibly.

5 Likes

I agree with you.but can you suggest me a handwriting which is easy to learn?I have tried many fonts from Google fonts?some people said me to draw circles and practice writing more roundly. I am confused.

I think as in yoyoing we choose a good yo-yo for competition,may be i should also try writing with many types of pens.

1 Like

Do you write in print or in cursive?
Printed writing is blocky and stuttered - cursive is elegant and seamless.

Cursive will drastically improve your word-per-minute speed & it’ll look stylish to boot!
If you haven’t practiced the cursive alphabet I would go ahead and begin doing that if I were you.

I’ve gotten a few freelance gigs just because of my good handwriting (attractive handwriting is dwindling due to the rise in tech, especially amongst the younger generations)

2 Likes

If your handwriting is not good.then you cannot score good marks in exam.

Do you do freelancing?

1 Like

First, don’t use a ballpoint pen, they induce horrible handwriting because you have to constantly use mild pushing force to write. A nice fountain pen that you really like can make it fun to write. I also love writing with a pencil.

Second, I tried to teach myself a different handwriting font some while ago. It had a lot of edgy shapes and hard angles in it. It liked the look of it, but I also think it is very clearly legible, when I look through my old notes. I think round shapes are more difficult to read, especially when written fast.

2 Likes

I used to, I’m crafting at a leather studio these days

I agree with henry above, ballpoint pens are trash…fountain pen, gel pen, micron pen will all work better.

I recommend a Pilot G-2 07 pen, they’re not boutique fancy so you can find them relatively anywhere and they’re siiiiick

7 Likes

Hmm in exams I guess fountain pen and gel pen ink is not waterproof.so it’s not allowed in exams. Right.

I just looks up Damb’s suggestion of Micron pen, because it sounded interesting. It says that their ink is document proof, so definately allowed for you exam. I will check it out!

Aside from that, when you write, try hard to keep each letter seperate. Don’t write more than one letter with one line. It may not be the fastest way of writing at first, but it might get your muscle memory to make each letter more tidy.

1 Like

Micron was not my first choice due to it being an “art” utensil - this means they will be harder to find vs. the Pilot pen…but for exams? Yes, a Micron pen will work just fine.

I suggest the Micron 08 for exams - anything smaller (05, 03, 01, etc.) will be too fine tipped. While anything higher than 08 will be too dense.

1 Like

That mean colour will bleed out. Of paper

1 Like

No. The number refers to the diameter of the tip of the pen!

3 Likes

I have always had poor cursive writing, which was a problem a several years ago when I had a job as an assistant/receptionist. I learned that a felt tip pen made a difference, I didn’t have to press down as hard so I could write faster. Also, practice, practice, practice. Taking notes at school was really good practice for me at the time.

4 Likes

https://www.iampeth.com/

In the lessons section they have pdf copies of old practice manuals from several different styles of cursive to copperplate, block, spencerian, etc.

2 Likes

Here is a link on gel pen waterproof testing>>>

Idk, I tend to disagree with a bunch of this advice. Ballpoint pens dont suck, nor do they cause you to write sloppily. The pen shouldn’t matter in the case of writing essays. I get the impression that a few people here like to write calligraphy, since a lot of the suggestions seem to be more catered to styling line weight than to legibility.

Just do a quick Google search on ‘neat handwriting’ for some examples. You dont have to emulate fonts or write in a fancy way for essays. Cursive can be helpful with speed, but only if you have a good flow and make it legible (I could never pull it off).

I’d say the best thing you could do is practice writing slowly and form the letters as perfect as you can. Use something like college rules paper as to not look like a 1st grader learning how to write. After some practice you will be able to write more neatly faster, but if you want it to be really clean looking, then you will have to slow down. There is no way around it. I find it a shame that they judge timed essay writing and neatness alike, but I guess it can’t be helped if you insist that they do. Precise writing takes time.

That said, a picture of your current writing style could help with giving advice.

4 Likes