How to fix or clean a responsive bearing

How to clean or fix a responsive bearing: This is a very common problem throughout the forums that a lot of people have. This problem occurs when the bearing becomes responsive either over time, or suddenly. To resolve this problem, there are a few different methods:

Method 1:Clean your bearing

You are going to need

-Mineral spirits, turpentine, or paint thinner
-Film canister
-A bearing to clean
-Pencil
-A paper towels
-Thin Lube
-Magnet
-Needle
-Small Pliers

First, pour some mineral spirits/turpentine/paint thinner into the film cartridge so it fills it up about 2 cm. high. Then deshield your bearing by taking the needle and prying off the shield holders that are holding the shields on. Then take the shields themselves off and put them on the magnet so you won’t lose them. Next, put your bearing in the film cartridge with the mineral spirits/turpentine/paint thinner. After that, jiggle the cartridge for about 3 mins. Then take the bearing out with small pliers and wrap a paper towel around the bearing to soak the excess liquid up. Next, place the bearing on the pencil tip and spin the bearing for 2 mins. to get the mineral spirits/turpentine/paint thinner on all of the balls. After that, take some thin lube and place one drop on the needle. Touch one of the balls with it. Now, repeat this step 1 more time and place the bearing on the pencil tip and spin the bearing for 2 mins. Lastly, replace the shields. Now you can play with it, but give it time to break in (takes appr. 3 hours of playtime)

Method 2:Just lube

You are going to need

-Thin lube
-Needle
-Pencil

First, deshield the bearing (as explained in the first method). Then, take some thin lube and place one drop on the needle. touch one of the balls with it. Now, repeat this step 1 more time and place the bearing on the pencil tip and spin the bearing for 2 mins. Replace the shields and play! Once again, give it time to break in (appr. 3 hours of playtime).

For both of these methods, it is important to replace the shields on the bearing so no dirt or debris re-enter the bearing and slow it down.

Hope this helps! Good luck!

How is this thread different from [this thread]?

i tiny bit, shhhhhhhhh i just want a lot of views, and i want to make my first sticky

there is already a sticky topic abut this.
a don’t think it is necessary to make a new one. :-[

If your only here to get a thread stickied, then just stop now. That shouldn’t be your reason for being on any forum. You should be here to do one of two things.

1.Learn

2.Teach

At least that’s my take on things.

1 Like

Besides your lubing instructions are harder to do than what I do. I just put a drop on the shield and let it soak in for about 10 seconds or so then wipe it off. done.

I’m also locking this because there is already one sitckied.