How to fix a dinged up DV888

Sorry guys I Can’t Post pics my Image uploader stuff is screwed up…

Got A Dinged up DV888?
HEre is how to fix it in some steps.

Materials Needed: Fine sand paper or concrete(if you want it to get real messed up)

DOING THIS WILL CAUSE ARM GRINDING TROUBLES
                     BUT THUMB AND FINGER GRINDS WILL STILL WORK
                     FINE. IT WILL LOOK LIKE A MINI DARK MAGIC WHEN
                     YOU ARE FINISHED.

STEPS 1-3 ARE OPTIONAL IF YOU HAVE DINGS ON THAT SIDE OR
                  ARENT AFRAID TO REMOVE THE LOGO. (I PREFER DOING THESE STEPS)

STEPS::::

1. Take your dv888 and put it on it’s side (logo facing up) on the fine sand paper and maybe have someone help you grip the paper.

2. With someone holding the sand paper still press down with the dv888 and twist side to side until you are satisfied with the silver and smoothness.

3. Repeat step 1-2 on the other side.

4. Do this same process again with the dv888 upright with the gap facing you.

Here Is A Pic from Online Images. Yours will not look this perfect mine didnt at all:
    http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk172/djmatz_07/Misc%20pics/Foto-0019.jpg
    THAT PIC. IS NOT A TYPICAL DV888, IT IS SPECIAL.

Thanks For Viewing! Comment!

It’s so special and atypical, there are at least a half billion done like this. ::slight_smile:

Don’t fix it, ding it up more.

Its what all the cool kids do.

You cool?

Satining works better if you use a lower grit at first then move on to a higher grit later on. You can also polish the raw metal to make it shynier. Like anything satining takes practice.

use a drill. it’ll end up with better results (usually)

slap it on the drill with the axle
spin the drill, and take sandpaper to the yoyo.
I usually go 80-120-220-400-600
This results in a nicely satined yoyo. quite similar to the “not typical special dv888”

Cover the axle with 2-3 layers of electrical tape to protect the threads.

yeah. that’s definitely a great idea. I ended up messing up my 888’s axle because I didn’t know to do that.

best fix I’ve seen so far: get a new one
they’re fairly cheap

more seriously, good post ^^

what I do is usually smooth the dings out one by one with a nail grinder, I like the beater look better than “chrome rims”, which reminds me a little of the wrong kind of custom cars ;D ;D ;D

Thanks For the Comments, ah, i never thought about polishing it

I say special and antypical because that yoyo is a different dv888 or only similar to a dv888. as you can see the logo is placed differently in the pic.

It’s a prepro I think.

Sanding the yoyo is satining.

haha i meant to say polishing woops

[quote=“dynikus,post:5,topic:29815”]
800, 1,000, 1,500, 2,000, Polishing compound.

[quote=“PlasticWhip,post:13,topic:29815”]

That high of a grit is grossly unnecessary, PlasticWhip. You literally won’t be able to tell the difference between 1500 and 2000 before the compound. Just go up to 1000 and buff it by hand with compound.