How to Clean Your YoYo Bearing

Yeah.

could you use 99% isopropyl alcohol to clean a bearing? because my friend says you can, but Iā€™m not quite sure.

Well like everything else I would recommend just using the plain old mineral spirits, but I would think the alcohol would work since to speak of there isnā€™t any water in it.

Is charcoal starter the same as lighter fluid? I found some and was wondering if they can be used to clean bearings.

And, is Nail Polish Remover useable? Itā€™s 100% acetone, so I think it could be a substitute for paint thinner.

:o OHHH, i see! Super Duper Samad!

What if the bearing doesnā€™t have a gap for you to pry out the C-clip?
I canā€™t find the gap on either side of my Xodusā€™s bearing

it should you should look at it in a slanted way to see the space

It might be that a bearing has shields that canā€™t be removed. It has been seen on bearings before.

the bearings that u camt remove the c claips are called sealed bearings, and Iā€™m sure the bearing has them unless the beating has been replaced or something, and a needle works greatā€¦ sometimes it is hard to see themā€¦ there tiny especially Iā€™m smaller bearingsā€¦ I take al the shields off all my bearingsā€¦ itā€™s normally the first thing I do unless itā€™s a spec bearing or something which means try did the work for u alreadyā€¦ like in my dv888ā€¦

thats a lot of help!

Here is easy way to clean bearing:
1)Take one film canister (or something like this)

2)One Zippo Lighter Fluid (important!) Must be ZIPPO! (because itā€™s extremely clean). I do not recommend to use any other fluids or spirits.

3) Put some of lighter fluid in film canister and drop in your bearing. Close it and shake it for 2 minutes. Get it away hold in a hand and shake again untill all fluids gone. Attach bearing to the yoyo.

Plus: Leave this fluid in canister and clean other bearings with it. Lube from the bearings and fluid will mix together in a coktail that make bearing sleep well.

Donā€™t trust me just try it. :wink:

P.S.

1. You donā€™t need to remove shields from the bearing.
  2. If you still want to do it and you cant find C-clip maybe it is a bearing that have no such thing as Š”-clip. You still can remove shields with gentle but brute force on your own risk. Sometimes it will give you more sleep. You will never put back your shields.
    3)Shields arу important because they protect your bearing from dust and durt.
  3. If you make some damage to youre bearings shield you must remove it because it can cause bearing do not sleep well.
    5)If you want to lube youre bearing you can put one small drop on a shield than wait untill it soak in to your bearing and than just play with it for a while.

Zippo actually has a substance in it (something like wax, i believe) that can build up an mess up your bearing.

As i said before: Dont trust me - try it.
Zippo is the best and clanest fluid in a market it is really clean. Other fluids have some admixtures but not zippo. |In fact its better then spirits you can find in a market. I use it for 3 years and it always clean bearing with no side effects and its hundreds of diffirent bearings and dozens of cycles.

Its like you say ā€œif you dont have lube in the bearing it will brokeā€ but do you know how many time it will take? Almost eternity. :slight_smile:

the residue of zippo fluid in the bearing will coz trouble if not clean properly ā€¦

Agree

Residue? Can you see it? All fluid vaporize in a few moments as shown my practice. No harm at all.
Maybe if you burn it you will see some combustion product but not when you wait till it vaporize.

maybe bcoz i dint play the bearing after I wash and spin it ā€¦due to no pad/response >.<

The ball in the bearing kind of hard to move around the bearing ā€¦and sticky >.< ā€¦+ ā€¦my yo-yo get responsive even with no response pad !

There is nothing wrong with Zippo fluid just like there is nothing wrong with WD 40. Its what happens after you clean it that causes the problems. I can wash bearings in water every day for a year and never need to worry about rust or any buildup. Why? Because I blow the bearing out and then thin lube it. Problem solved.
Use Mineral spirits or zippo fluid or charcoal lighter fluid. Then blow them out.

Okay so my question isā€¦ What about an AXYS system from a henrys cobra? its got like two bolts that im to afraid to take off on each side. how then would i clean my bearing? Oh and its a Slider not a Speed explosion. Any Help would be great!!!

http://www.oddballs.co.uk/images/henrys_slider.jpg[img]

Thereā€™s a pictureā€¦ (i hope that worked.) well
if not you can go look at it, or maybe you know What it looks like already.

Isnā€™t the slider a plastic transaxle?

hmmmmā€¦ I dunno i always thought it was a ball bearing but now that I think about it, it cant be because it is PLASTIC wow. I feel kinda dumb. Iā€™m a a yo-yo loser. :stuck_out_tongue: XD hahaha just kidding were i come from we call it Ignorant